If I knew divorce would kick start my writing again, I would have gotten out of this bad marriage earlier. Yes. My life *is* a country song.

So, this is what I have:

I’ll be your soft place to land
When things get too hard
Come rest your head in my lap
Relax and let down your guard

Don’t have to show me your scars
I’ll listen, and I’ll understand
And at the end of the day

I have the music - but at first I thought it would be the chorus. Now, I'm wondering if it should be a verse driven song and write a bridge for musical interest.

Thoughts? Buehler? Buehler?
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
I like it so far. I wish I had the ability to write like that. I get um, I guess the word is "stuck" on lyrics or I write something I think sounds good but when I come back to read it I'm like "this is ****ing cheesy".

Anyway, you dont even NEED a chorus. The song "Folsom Prison Blues" has no chorus or bridge and it sounds just fine. Write what you gotta say is all I'd say.
Thanks for that. Yes, that's what seems to be happening with this.

As far as cheese - it can be the start of something wonderful, so don't be so quick to judge yourself. I usually think most of my stuff sounds like crap until I lay down a track or two and then it pulls together a bit more.

I *always* get stuck. It flows really great for a verse. Or a chorus. And then it's like: "Okay - I said the gist of what I need to, now what." The additional verses almost always feel contrived. It's rare that something pours out completed and wonderful.

:::sigh:::
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Last edited by lmcd at Jul 15, 2011,
Thank SeaManse, that did the trick: voila~ I'll probably have a rough track uploaded sometime today. Thanks again!

Soft Place to Land...

When things get too hard
Come rest your head in my lap
Relax and let down your guard
Don’t have to show me your scars
I’ll listen, and I’ll understand
And at the end of the road

When all the others turn away
Wrap around me for strength
And let go of the day
Fall asleep in my arms
I’ll keep the whiskey on the stand
And all through the night

When up is lookin down
Let my hands touch your face
& sweep the worry from your brow
You don’t have to say a word
I'll hold your heart in my hands
And until you’re right to rise

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Okay - quick & dirty - tracks are up..:
Soft Place to Land

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
I wasn't too keen on it at first, but hearing the recording helped a lot. The vocals are gorgeous, with a Patsy Cline sort of vibe that is quite soothing. Love it!

I can't help but feel that the lyrics sorely lack creativity however. Your voice is ear-catching, and the lyrics should be too.

Blessings
Quote by leilalauren
I wasn't too keen on it at first, but hearing the recording helped a lot. The vocals are gorgeous, with a Patsy Cline sort of vibe that is quite soothing. Love it!

I can't help but feel that the lyrics sorely lack creativity however. Your voice is ear-catching, and the lyrics should be too.

Blessings

Thanks for taking the time to listen and for your feedback. I don't really know what to do about the comment re: lyric creativity. I kinda feel there really isn't anything new under the sun, just our own particular spin on it. I don't really consider myself a poet, just a story teller. This one is pretty personal and I'm hoping that comes across.

Is there a change the you would recommend, for example? Thanks again.

~L

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes