I opened the safe my parents keep at there house to see what I could find, and found a $2000 savings bond that was almost fully matured, so I cashed it for $1,860. Anyways my question is probably a common one, but what software could I buy with this money? And yes, I do want to spend it all on software, I already have everything else I could think of bass-wise.

EDIT: I am using a pc.

Thanks,
Sam
Assuming TS isn't a troll, I suggest you invest in some software for developing maturity in (presumably) young adults - stealing from your parents' safe =/= mature enough to legitimately get into audio engineering in an educated way.

On another note, what do TS and his parent's bond have in common? Neither have fully matured. /moralhighground.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Assuming TS isn't a troll, I suggest you invest in some software for developing maturity in (presumably) young adults - stealing from your parents' safe =/= mature enough to legitimately get into audio engineering in an educated way.

On another note, what do TS and his parent's bond have in common? Neither have fully matured. /moralhighground.

Agreed
Don't be a douche and spend the money on your education like it was intended to be used for, not shit for a hobby.
Quote by robhc
Don't be a douche and spend the money on your education like it was intended to be used for, not shit for a hobby.

This

But you should get:
Pro Tools 9
Komplete
Addictive Drums
Waves gold bundle

You're set for life with recording
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf

But you should get:
Pro Tools 9
Komplete
Addictive Drums
Waves gold bundle

You're set for life with recording

I would have to disagree here. Maybe things have changed with PT9, but I know 8 has some issues with Native Instruments. I've got Komplete and PT8 and they do not at all play well together. I'm basically forced to do any extensive production work in Logic and then import the audio into PT to mix.
Quote by sandyman323
I would have to disagree here. Maybe things have changed with PT9, but I know 8 has some issues with Native Instruments. I've got Komplete and PT8 and they do not at all play well together. I'm basically forced to do any extensive production work in Logic and then import the audio into PT to mix.

Weird. The only time I've had problems with NI and PT8 or PT9 is when I'm using a lot of instruments or ram heavy samples.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by DFX11
Maybe I should have cleared up that the bond had MY name on it.

As did the bond my grand parents got for me. But at the end of the day, the money was still likely intended for education. That said though, looking at your profile, it says your 21. If your too stupid at your age to realize what the money was meant for, I would say it's pretty safe to assume you were too stupid to get into college/university any ways.
When it all comes down to it though, you're still a douche bag for:
1: Breaking into your parents safe
2: Taking from said safe
3: Wasting money intended for education on equipment for a hobby. Equipment you most likely won't even use in a few years any ways, either due to you out growing it, it or it becoming out dated and obsolete.
Quote by robhc
As did the bond my grand parents got for me. But at the end of the day, the money was still likely intended for education. That said though, looking at your profile, it says your 21. If your too stupid at your age to realize what the money was meant for, I would say it's pretty safe to assume you were too stupid to get into college/university any ways.
When it all comes down to it though, you're still a douche bag for:
1: Breaking into your parents safe
2: Taking from said safe
3: Wasting money intended for education on equipment for a hobby. Equipment you most likely won't even use in a few years any ways, either due to you out growing it, it or it becoming out dated and obsolete.

This.
I agree with pretty much everyone here about what the money should be used for except for the part where you guys are saying that he'll give it up....seems kinda insulting to me....

I started out as a hobbyist and now am starting my own studio. Like, I dunno bout you guys, but I'm not gonna rain on his parade and say he'll give it up.

I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I agree with pretty much everyone here about what the money should be used for except for the part where you guys are saying that he'll give it up....seems kinda insulting to me....

I started out as a hobbyist and now am starting my own studio. Like, I dunno bout you guys, but I'm not gonna rain on his parade and say he'll give it up.

So did most of us, I imagine, but the way he talks suggests he's the kind of person who makes rash decisions and doesn't have the patience to put time and effort into learning something complex from the ground up. That being said, I wasn't personally bothered about if he was gonna keep the equipment for a long time - I just think it's disgusting that someone only a year younger than me would break into their parents' personal safe and steal something they weren't supposed to have until a certain time (i.e after it matured), and most of all the guy has done this without even caring about why it was in there and what it was really for.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
So did most of us, I imagine, but the way he talks suggests he's the kind of person who makes rash decisions and doesn't have the patience to put time and effort into learning something complex from the ground up. That being said, I wasn't personally bothered about if he was gonna keep the equipment for a long time - I just think it's disgusting that someone only a year younger than me would break into their parents' personal safe and steal something they weren't supposed to have until a certain time (i.e after it matured), and most of all the guy has done this without even caring about why it was in there and what it was really for.

When put like that, 100% agree.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
buy a car
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
*phones police*

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
At least blow it on crank.

As long as you're being a schmuck you might as well do it correctly. //thread
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."