it happens especially with the bridge pickup on my strat. I was trying to jam out to voodoo child for a bit when I noticed it and began experimenting to get rid of it. it seems to happen a lot worse with more gain added, but the thing is I dont have that much gain on. on my amp, the gains set to almost 2, and I was just trying to push it a little bit with the TS808 model on rp, which sounded great until I turned the wah on.

its almost the same feedback effect as when you plug a wah in backwards, minus the weird noises. its like theres a high pitched squeal that changes pitch with the wah.

noise gate does nothing to help as long as the wah is on. I then noticed that it has the same effect with my Jackson, although the noise gate seems to cut the squeal almost immediately, and without the wah on, the squeal only happens for a split second after I stop playing a note. and it seemed to be happening whether or not I was using the amp loop or just the clean channel and the pedals preamp. the ground/lift switch did nothing to absolve the problem.

just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas. I guess I didnt do the obvious thing and mess with the overdrive pedal settings, but its only really a problem with the wah on, so I figured it had something more to do with that.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Did you try all three wahs?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
My experience with the RP wahs is that it's best to program the upper and lower limit of the expression pedal so that it doesn't go the full range. The full toe down will boost the signal and sounds harsh.

Do you get the noise through the entire range?
Quote by fly135
My experience with the RP wahs is that it's best to program the upper and lower limit of the expression pedal so that it doesn't go the full range. The full toe down will boost the signal and sounds harsh.

Do you get the noise through the entire range?

most of it, yeah, only when it was up nearly entirely did the noise get reduced. I might try that though, as my setup for it right now kinda sucks, I always rush through setting up the expression pedal :P
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Put your 535Q in the stomp loop. It is before the inboard distortion.

I have a whole pedalboard in my stomp loop.