Hey guys, in my local guitar store they're selling a Dean Flying V and I've not played it yet, but it's £350. I'm thinking of trying it out and if I like it. I'll buy it.

The thing is the guy in the shop hasn't got a clue about it. He seems to think it's discontinued model as every Dean V he's seen has dot inlays rather than this one as it's got mother of pearl inlays on it and it's not a signature model like the Eric Peterson V that has the MOP inlays on it and the EMG's in it. It looks more like a V79 than anything else. Plus it's new.. So I'm assuming Dean are still making them, but there's no info online about them?

So can anyone help me out here?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Can you provide a little more information about the guitar? What color/finish was it, are the inlays block or what, what kind of binding (if any) did it have, was the headstock black or did it match the finish, and I'm assuming it was a set neck model?

Blueburst 79 guitars have MOP block inlays and multi-ply binding, whereas the rest of the 79 Series don't.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jul 15, 2011,
Not too sure on the binding, headstock was black. Can't remember the colour! sorry!

Inlays were block, yeah/
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Jul 15, 2011,