Page 1 of 3
Get this shit out of here. You obviously don't know how this forum feels about this band.

Delete this thread now to spare yourself the shitstorm.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I like the music therefore I have no problem with listening to it, I don't know about any kind of backstory or any issues that people might have with this band and to be honest I don't care. If somebody would like to explain then be my guest...
One of the regs used to be in the band.

Bro you should make a Destruction Of A King thread next.
Quote by jonnowev
I like the music therefore I have no problem with listening to it, I don't know about any kind of backstory or any issues that people might have with this band and to be honest I don't care. If somebody would like to explain then be my guest...

One of the regs (tancanada) was in this band for ages. They're totally ok with inciting whole crowds to beat the shit out of people for literally no reason, and they're a bunch of arrogant dickheads who are just ripping off every other big band playing generic nu-metalcore. Have you ever spoken to anyone in this band? It's like being sucked into a black hole of stupidity and self-importance. They also look hilarious.

And they're about the most generic sounding crap I've ever heard. Fuck this band.
Quote by jonnowev
I don't give a crap about any kind of politics or whatever, there's much more to life than that.

Like how a band sounds? Then listen to them. Case closed.

Band consists of douchebags and you open an open forum discussion about them?

CASE OPEN.
I have never met them and it's pretty unlikely that I will ever meet them. I somehow doubt that you've ever met them, seeing as you live in Northern Scotland... besides, lots of people in bands are dicks. I know people in bands in my own town who are absolute pricks but I still listen to their music because it's great. Not everyone is perfect, not everyone is even a half decent person. It's not as if every single band who ever got massively famous is made up of nice guys, far from it in fact. I bet you listen to a lot of bands who you've never met, who for all you know might be absolute arseholes in person.
Quote by jonnowev
I have never met them and it's pretty unlikely that I will ever meet them. I somehow doubt that you've ever met them, seeing as you live in Northern Scotland... besides, lots of people in bands are dicks. I know people in bands in my own town who are absolute pricks but I still listen to their music because it's great. Not everyone is perfect, not everyone is even a half decent person. It's not as if every single band who ever got massively famous is made up of nice guys, far from it in fact. I bet you listen to a lot of bands who you've never met, who for all you know might be absolute arseholes in person.

For all you know I could have moved to Scotland recently, or I could have visited Florida, or one of them could have come here... As it is, I've actually spoken to them using this magical thing called the internet. They're dickheads (or at least the members I spoke to were). And I like to think I know Tanner fairly well for someone I talk to on the internet, so I trust his judgement, and he doesn't have anything good to say about them.

And yes, lots of good musicians are dicks. It can be forgiven if they're particularly creative or they're doing something interesting. Otherwise people wouldn't tolerate it. This band are just like every other hipster beatdown band - they have literally no unique elements. Just awful.

Nothing good will come of this thread.
Quote by asator
Nothing good will come of this thread.

Nothing bad will come of it either. It's on an internet forum - it doesn't matter. You say that as if this thread will cause a great deal of hardship for all concerned.

If one person goes on this thread, listens to Adaliah and enjoys the music (as I did) then job done.
Quote by asator
One of the regs (tancanada) was in this band for ages. They're totally ok with inciting whole crowds to beat the shit out of people for literally no reason, and they're a bunch of arrogant dickheads who are just ripping off every other big band playing generic nu-metalcore. Have you ever spoken to anyone in this band? It's like being sucked into a black hole of stupidity and self-importance. They also look hilarious.

And they're about the most generic sounding crap I've ever heard. Fuck this band.

Do tell more.

Also, fucking lol at this band being here. I remember hearing about these guys a while ago and laughing.
Quote by jonnowev
Nothing bad will come of it either. It's on an internet forum - it doesn't matter. You say that as if this thread will cause a great deal of hardship for all concerned.

If one person goes on this thread, listens to Adaliah and enjoys the music (as I did) then job done.

I mean that everyone on this forum already knows and dislikes this band and will just think badly of you for posting them.
Quote by datskramzkid
Do tell more.

Also, fucking lol at this band being here. I remember hearing about these guys a while ago and laughing.

There's a video somewhere. Ask Tanner or something I guess haha
Not a problem, I don't give a damn about what strangers think of me. It's not a popularity contest - I just use this forum to discover new music (which I do frequently), and I like to return the favour once in a while. I posted a band that I like, and it turns out that some people on here don't like them. Why should that concern me in the slightest?
Quote by jonnowev
Not a problem, I don't give a damn about what strangers think of me. It's not a popularity contest - I just use this forum to discover new music (which I do frequently), and I like to return the favour once in a while. I posted a band that I like, and it turns out that some people on here don't like them. Why should that concern me in the slightest?

And we're telling you that no one likes them, or will ever like them, so stop.
Plus, when you're in a band like Adaliah, it's DEFINITELY a popularity contest.
Well, four of you have posted expressing your dislike for the band... so what? I'll no doubt create some more threads in the future about others bands that I like and i'm pretty sure that some of you will dislike those too. I just don't see why you think it matters if someone posts a thread about a band you dislike. I mean what, is it your aim to make sure that everyone visiting this little section of the forum leaves liking exactly the same bands as everyone else? Is there some kind of unwritten manifesto wth two columns marked "bands we're allowed to like" and "bands we are required to hate"? F**k that.

Besides, nobody forces you to contribute to the damn thread.
Quote by jonnowev
Well, four of you have posted expressing your dislike for the band... so what? I'll no doubt create some more threads in the future about others bands that I like and i'm pretty sure that some of you will dislike those too. I just don't see why you think it matters if someone posts a thread about a band you dislike. I mean what, is it your aim to make sure that everyone visiting this little section of the forum leaves liking exactly the same bands as everyone else? Is there some kind of unwritten manifesto wth two columns marked "bands we're allowed to like" and "bands we are required to hate"? F**k that.

Besides, nobody forces you to contribute to the damn thread. :lol:

Yes
Doesn't seem like a very "hardcore" thing to do if that is the case.

As I said before, listen to whatever band you like the sound of, and if you like them enough then spread the word about them. That should be the only rule.
Quote by jonnowev

Besides, nobody forces you to contribute to the damn thread. :lol:

I see your point, but I'm just saying - there was so little point in posting this thread (granted you didn't know how much we all dislike them). There's a lot more than the four that have posted as well, the others just aren't online. Half the people that have posted weren't even on this subforum yet when all the shit with this band happened.

Put it this way, would you go into the punk forum and make a topic on this band?

EDIT: I agree with what you're saying, but I'm just saying, you're sharing this band with absolutely the wrong group of people.

Also, telling us what is and isn't "hardcore" whilst making an Adaliah thread is a bit rich. Absolutely zero hardcore in their music.
Last edited by asator at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Meelad360
Top comment

"Thumbs up if you got bored and typed in "Rawr" because I did lol."

oh god

Probably a similar mentality to every female Adaliah fan.

The male ones being more like "YEAH BRO I SEARCHED DINOSAUR COS I'M RESEARCHING THEM TO SEE IF I COULD BEAT ONE IN A FIGHT. I THINK I PROLLY COULD BRAH."
No, for two reasons. A) because that has almost nothing to do with punk music, and B) because it was f**king awful.

Adaliah certainly are metalcore though, so this was the right place to post. The only suitable place on the whole of Ultimate Guitar in fact.

Quote by asator
Also, telling us what is and isn't "hardcore" whilst making an Adaliah thread is a bit rich. Absolutely zero hardcore in their music.

Well, i'm just saying that it doesn't really go along with the 'hardcore' mentality does it? If you enjoy listening to a band, but then a few people tell you that you shouldn't be listening to that band so you just stop listening to them... that makes you pretty weak.

"I love this band so much!"

"Screw that, they suck, Stop listening to them."

"Oh okay man."

Last edited by jonnowev at Jul 15, 2011,
Nah dude, you just don't know what metalcore is.

Also, I'd say Amy Can Flyy are considerably better (well, less shit) than Adaliah. They also have about the same amount of resemblance to hardcore punk as ACF have to punk. I'm not even exaggerating, that's just a fact.

EDIT: I'm not telling you to stop listening to them...if you like them that's absolutely fine. None of my business. I'm just saying that posting them here is only going to make people annoyed with you.
Last edited by asator at Jul 15, 2011,
Yes, and there was nothing wrong with posting them.
But actually going around being like "lol Haters keep hatin'!" is dumb because as they've said, a bunch of dudes here have it personal with this band. I don't think there's many people that post here, so basically, you're out of luck.
Metalcore/hardcore is lots of things, it's quite a wide genre that encompasses an array of different sounds. Where else do you suggest making a post about a band like Adaliah? The prog rock section?
Quote by datskramzkid
Yes, and there was nothing wrong with posting them.
But actually going around being like "lol Haters keep hatin'!" is dumb because as they've said, a bunch of dudes here have it personal with this band. I don't think there's many people that post here, so basically, you're out of luck.

Ever thought that might be because the people that do post here regularly often display the same kind of arrogance as some of you have in this thread tonight? I.e. other people just avoid this sub forum now?
Quote by jonnowev
Metalcore/hardcore is lots of things, it's quite a wide genre that encompasses an array of different sounds. Where else do you suggest making a post about a band like Adaliah? The prog rock section?

There is no scenecore section, so may I suggest Absolutepunk?

Quote by jonnowev
Ever thought that might be because the people that do post here regularly often display the same kind of arrogance as some of you have in this thread tonight? I.e. other people just avoid this sub forum now?

From what I've gathered, the regs who are here like it that way, also very few guitarist types listen to hardcore (as opposed to more guitar wankery-filled genres), so that may be why people avoid this place.
Last edited by datskramzkid at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by jonnowev

They should go here, because the moderators of this website don't know what they're talking about (and because the metal forum are more stubborn than us). And don't try to tell me what does and doesn't qualify as metalcore or hardcore please, no offence but I know this shit pretty well. Adaliah should go in metal (or wherever pop music goes), but it's been decided that this is where stuff like that goes and who am I to argue...

Either way, I'm not saying that you posted them in the wrong place, just that that doesn't mean they're a hardcore band. Or that you should have posted them at all.
Quote by asator
Get this shit out of here. You obviously don't know how this forum feels about this band.

Delete this thread now to spare yourself the shitstorm.

Quote by blake1221
They aren't worth anyone's time. Delete this shit.

That's effectively telling people not to listen to them, is it not? Obviously i've heard them before and I know that I like them already, but do you not think that people might be somewhat misinformed by comments like this and they might choose to ignore the thread without listening to the music in question? I mean that's their problem if they can't even be arsed to click the Youtube link and see for themselves whether they like the band or not, but i'm just saying that nobody deserves stick like I got in this thread just because you personally don't like them! It wasn't directed at the band - it was directed at the innocent forum member who created a thread about the band. If you have an issue with the band then go on their Facebook account and tell them what you think!
You implied that they're good, we implied that they're bad. I don't see a problem.
Quote by asator
They should go here, because the moderators of this website don't know what they're talking about (and because the metal forum are more stubborn than us). And don't try to tell me what does and doesn't qualify as metalcore or hardcore please, no offence but I know this shit pretty well. Adaliah should go in metal (or wherever pop music goes), but it's been decided that this is where stuff like that goes and who am I to argue...

Either way, I'm not saying that you posted them in the wrong place, just that that doesn't mean they're a hardcore band. Or that you should have posted them at all.

The bit of this post that I found highly amusing is in bold. As if you know how much of a fan of metalcore and hardcore I am in comparison to yourself. For all you know I might be 40 years old and I might have been a part of the scene from the very beginning.

Also if you honestly don't think that Adaliah belong in the section of this forum that is dedicated to metalcore and hardcore bands then you must be off your trolley, it's not even a matter of debate! They are a metalcore band.
Quote by BK202
They should ignore the thread.

Exactly.

"Oh look, a thread about a band that I hate, lets post in it so that it stays on page one of the forum and continues to irritate me."
Page 1 of 3