My guitar's tone nob fell off and I'm wandering how I put it back on? It's metal and has a tiny hole in the side of it. Also one of my guitar straps nobs got ripped off with the screw and now the hole is to big so I'm going to take it to the store I bought it from to get it fixed should I just ask them to put the nob back on to? My only worry is if it's something I can do on my own should I do it because I don't want them to charge me extra for that to
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Get a set of allen keys (I got a ring of metric sizes from the dollar store) There should be one small enough for the hole on the knob - that is what tightens it. Just put it back on the pot, and tighten so it doesn't come off.

For the strap lock, just put in a toothpick or two. Wood glue also helps if you want a more permanent fix, but I've found it's not really necessary - the toothpicks are enough.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The knob should have a small allen screw on the side. You just put that on and tighten it. As far as the strap button is concerned, you could fill it by gluing a dowel in there and redrilling it, or even fill it with a wood glue and sawdust mix. Or you could put a bigger screw in, if it still fits through the strap lock. You should probably put a longer screw in regardless if it's getting ripped out.
And if the small allen screw is missing, look around on the floor and see if you can find it where it fell off.
Quote by thehikingdude
And if the small allen screw is missing, look around on the floor and see if you can find it where it fell off.

Hmm I never remember there being one. when it came off nothing fell with it
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
I don't know, I've never seen allen screws on tone knobs, I just push mine back on.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford