I feel like we live in a day where inspiration has become a scarce commodity. I got this idea from the idealistic thread that's going on now, and decide that cynicism can only be the main course of the day if no one actively tries to temper it with something more meaningful. Yes, life is pretty much (entirely) without meaning, but for that reason it has the potential for any meaning one wishes to put into it.

Anyways, any topic welcome, I'm sure many of you have great videos of musicians speaking that would do well here also.

I'll start us off.

Adbusters (relax, they didn't make it) has put up a video of Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan novelist and writer, speaking on the Spanish protests going on now. I highly recommend it, as he doesn't just focus on it, but instead goes off on some very interesting tangents.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
The existence of Andrew WK is all the inspiration I need.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
The existence of Andrew WK is all the inspiration I need.

Man, I don't even really like rock, but Andrew WK is a badass.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
I thought the thread title was "Inspirational Sneakers", and I came here to suggest Solid Snake.

The guys a ****ing hero.
Last edited by Shawn1379 at Jul 15, 2011,
Hitler was pretty inspirational...

>_>

<_<
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
adolf hitler was a very good speaker. you could draw inspiration from his technique and his ability to talk to massive crowds without microphones(a lot of the time).
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.
Bill Hicks.
Said the straight man to the late man: "where have you been?"

"I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between."
I'm sure I'll get shit for this for being a generic athesit pit monkey, but whenever I hear people like Dawkins or Sagan talking about biology and the universe it just blows my mind. Nothing is more inspirational to me than knowing that I am a tiny speck in an infinite space.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
^ Carl Sagan said one of my favourite passages that puts life into perspective:

That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.
Check out my fitness blog here
Craig Ferguson on alcoholism

We all deal with different shit so a LOT can be inspirational, whether it raises your faith in humanity or yourself.

Here's Craig's monologue after the Britney Spears meltdown.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...