Page 1 of 2
Since NASA canceled the space shuttle program, what are they doing now? Are they still trying to build a manned rocket to Mars? If so, when should we expect this? 10 years? 20? 30? ....100?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Lol, no.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by ethan_hanus
No. We got rid of NASA(for the most part), thanks to Obama, so we are screwed, and we'll never make it to Mars.

Yeah, we could.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
lol @ idiots thinking we've never landed on mars
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by laid-to-waste

lol @ people who skim thread titles
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by sashki
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't other countries besides the US still have active space programs?

Yes, but none that are as effective as the US space program was. The shuttle was and still is the best ship ever designed to travel in space. Everybody else just uses rockets like in the Apollo and Mercury programs.
At the moment I don't believe there's any point in sending a manned mission to Mars. To my knowledge, there's nothing we could achieve by sending a manned mission to Mars that we couldn't with unmanned missions.
No, China will ask for their money back. We'll then nuke each other. All life on earth will be extinct.
RIP Matt Lauer

Because i'd rather pretend you're dead than acknowledge your existence.
Yeah, droids you don't have to worry about "the cost of human life", you don't need to feed them or anything, and they don't need to come home! It's far more efficient. Perhaps it's not as symbolic, but we are still getting the same knowledge, but perhaps not the "experience".

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
If I remember, weren't there a bunch of astronauts that were sent into confinement to train for going to Mars or something? Like they have to stay in there for 8 years.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I'm pretty sure the current goal is getting back to the moon by 2020, and Mars by 2030.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
At the moment I don't believe there's any point in sending a manned mission to Mars. To my knowledge, there's nothing we could achieve by sending a manned mission to Mars that we couldn't with unmanned missions.

Other than the fact that there'd be a human on mars
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by padgea7x
If I remember, weren't there a bunch of astronauts that were sent into confinement to train for going to Mars or something? Like they have to stay in there for 8 years.

8 years? I thought it was 500 days?
Quote by padgea7x

http://dailyqi.com/?p=19277

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by Ninja Vampirate

There was no point to land on the moon, other than to beat the Russians to it. Why do we have to have a purpose to do something cool? It's way better than bickering about politics and fighting wars, space stuff is way more productive to society, and gives us purpose.
Quote by laid-to-waste

Hey look who's back guys.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by WyvernOmega

Ah, that's them.
And Sashki, it is 500 days. I have no idea what I was thinking with 8 years.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I don't think NASA has yet to perfect radiation shields as that is the problem with a manned mission to Mars.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Mars is a lousy choice for colonization either way. Its ONLY advantage is being relatively close. It sucks on pretty much every other front.
Quote by izbbass
Hey look who's back guys.

i've been lurking the forums over the last 30 days.

i must say, you are beautiful.

i would totally do you if i was gay. if you're a woman, i would totally do you. either way, i like the idea of doing you.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by ethan_hanus
There was no point to land on the moon, other than to beat the Russians to it. Why do we have to have a purpose to do something cool? It's way better than bickering about politics and fighting wars, space stuff is way more productive to society, and gives us purpose.

Also there's a metric shit-ton of residual technology that's come from the space program. A huge amount of safety mechanisms that've made flying and driving much safer are because they needed to build something space-worthy. Arguably we jumped leaps and bounds in communication technology by sending a video camera capable of worldwide live transmitting from the moon in 1969.

Even your computer owes its current form to the space program's need for smaller, lighter computers causing research in much cheaper, more efficient ways of manufacturing quality transistor-based electronics instead of valve-based. And that's jsut scratching at the surface.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Also there's a metric shit-ton of residual technology that's come from the space program. A huge amount of safety mechanisms that've made flying and driving much safer are because they needed to build something space-worthy. Arguably we jumped leaps and bounds in communication technology by sending a video camera capable of worldwide live transmitting from the moon in 1969.

Even your computer owes its current form to the space program's need for smaller, lighter computers causing research in much cheaper, more efficient ways of manufacturing quality transistor-based electronics instead of valve-based. And that's jsut scratching at the surface.

Tell that to the guy thinking manned missions to Mars are pointless
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by ethan_hanus
No. We got rid of NASA(for the most part), thanks to Obama, so we are screwed, and we'll never make it to Mars.

That's funny, because I thought it was thanks to all the conservatives who would rather spend the money on tax cuts for giant corporations and war.

OT: Yes, I have little doubt that our generation will witness a manned mission to Mars. No doubt people will immediately start trying to prove it's a conspiracy.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
i've been lurking the forums over the last 30 days.

i must say, you are beautiful.

i would totally do you if i was gay. if you're a woman, i would totally do you. either way, i like the idea of doing you.

Queer
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by necrosis1193

Hm, I wasn't really thinking about it like that. I was thinking more along the lines of researching Mars itself.
Idk when were trying to get there, but just the other day my mother was talking about how the shuttle era wa a strange one in space history. All the other programs we've went through had large and progressive goals: Launch a satellite. Get a man into space. Orbit the earth. Land on the moon. Put a man on the moon.

The most recent on has been something along the lines of put a couple of guys in a space station for a few years and take some pictures with a really big telescope/camera. Yeah, not so dramatic. Hopefully we start taking this next step (Mars) thing seriously.
I pride myself on my humility.
I remember back in the early 2000s when we thought we were going to do that shit in like 2014. Of course, we had money back then, which was nice.

Arnold says maybe.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Idk when were trying to get there, but just the other day my mother was talking about how the shuttle era wa a strange one in space history. All the other programs we've went through had large and progressive goals: Launch a satellite. Get a man into space. Orbit the earth. Land on the moon. Put a man on the moon.

The most recent on has been something along the lines of put a couple of guys in a space station for a few years and take some pictures with a really big telescope/camera. Yeah, not so dramatic. Hopefully we start taking this next step (Mars) thing seriously.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by StewieSwan
That's funny, because I thought it was thanks to all the conservatives who would rather spend the money on tax cuts for giant corporations and war.

BOOM! Sit down nigga.

On topic: I like-a da space. I'd be surprised if I'm not alive for the first manned mission to Mars, as well as disappointed.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Russia will.
The US government first went to Mars in 1983, and have been back secretly a total of 78 times since. they're keeping it from us because they know we'll want in on all the delicious Mars honey they've mined there.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
It's not cost effective. Why would this be our focus during an economic crisis? it'll probably be a very long time before this happens
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I read somewhere that China want to reach Mars by 2060. Anyway, it'll be easy to do it once we hit singularity in 2045. I wish
Last edited by tattyreagh at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Wiegenlied
It's not cost effective. Why would this be our focus during an economic crisis? it'll probably be a very long time before this happens

The Appollo missions were estimated to have actually earned us money (I think it was something like...we made 2 dollars for every 1 dollar spent on the Appollo missions) in technological and information based advancements. Plus all of the jobs and excitement and everything made everyone all excited to buy fancy new shit.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Page 1 of 2