I play classical guitar; mostly finger style. I have a few picks I use every now and then but they feel kind of awkward, especially when using them to strum rhythm guitar. (I like the way strumming with a pick sounds but it makes me feel very uncomfortable, for some reason)

I figured that the picks themselves might be part of the issue. I was hoping you all could tell me how to shop for picks and what to look for...

Surely enough we all might have different tastes for choosing a pick but perhaps you could explain a bit on how the thickness, hardness and size of picks affect the way they feel and the sound they make?
I play rock, metal, classic rock, blues, acoustic, country, alternative, and progressive rock. I basically stick with a dunlop 1.0 I like the grips on them so they don't slide out of my fingers. For acoustic I go a little lighter but not much. The (I think they are called) Dava picks, are really good. It has grips and the further back you play on it the more it gives (lighter) and the more you work your way to the tip the harder it gets. Felt picks sound great too. I don't play classical so I guess I'm no help here, but that is my taste anyways.
I play dunlop max grips 1.14. They're not to small, but not too thick. MY problem is I wear them down so fast at the end of my playing it looks like I have pencil eraser shaving on my guitar
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by guitarlord28
I play dunlop max grips 1.14. They're not to small, but not too thick. MY problem is I wear them down so fast at the end of my playing it looks like I have pencil eraser shaving on my guitar

I use 0.5mm Dunlop picks to play tremolo-picked surf music, my guitars too are usually covered in pick shavings by the end of a practice or gig haha. Incidentally, thin picks such as 0.5mm make for excellent strumming picks if that is the sound you are fond of TS.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
Interesting. I've got some 1.0 and some 0.7 ones; the 0.7 feels a lot better than the other. With the 1.0 it feels like the pick gets stuck in between strings due to its thickness...

I'll see if I can find some 0.5s

Thanks!
I find a red sharkfin (think its about .50 but not sure) sounds great on a classical for strumming. If you want to pick on a classical i would suggest rubber picks., so you dont get the clicky sound.
Hmm.. Well I've been told to try out fenders like the floppy ones(sorry I'm not up to date on the mm and what not) cause they're easy on the strumming and whatnot hope that helps.