Page 1 of 6
Which country has had the greatest mlitary? For example Great Britain..most powerful maritime force for 200 years, were pioneers of military technology, rules one third of the worlds people, and have been involved in the most wars in military history.
Eh, yeah us Brits kind of win. We also have the Ghurkas. No one can beat the Gurkhas.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
This thread is full of "My Country has the best military in the world. I don't know Jack shit about history but I'll just keep arguing that my country is better just because I was born there"

Ontopic: The Mongolian Empire was the largest and most contagious so I'm going to vote them. They along with the Roman Empire influenced so much more than any other.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Which country has had the greatest mlitary? For example Great Britain..most powerful maritime force for 200 years, were pioneers of military technology, rules one third of the worlds people, and have been involved in the most wars in military history.

Sound like a buncha pricks to me.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'd say Costa Rica at the moment.

Also;
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
The Romans.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Harmonius
This thread is full of "My Country has the best military in the world. I don't know Jack shit about history but I'll just keep arguing that my country is better just because I was born there"

Ontopic: The Mongolian Empire was the largest and most contagious so I'm going to vote them.

The word you are looking for is contiguous. Don't deride the intelligence of other users if you can't even get that right.

EDIT: I assume that's what you meant anyway
Last edited by Pagan-Pie at Jul 15, 2011,
Strong Badia
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Just a piece of useful info:
The last thread that gave Americans a chance to boast about their military didn't go over so well.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Thread title =/= First Post

has =/= has had
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Great Britain is crap. No other country uses a ridiculous adjective to better its name. Like Awesome China. Or Brilliant Scotland.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by Harmonius

Ontopic: The Mongolian Empire was the largest and most contagious so I'm going to vote them.

Good shout. They pretty much owned most of the world on horseback. Even Link doesnt have those type of archery abilities.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
The word you are looking for is contiguous. Don't deride the intelligence of other users if you can't even get that right.

Typo. Cheer up.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

The Vikings, in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland, circa Viking Age.

Just for heritage

But seriously, you don't **** with Vikings. Just the sheer brutality of what pure human instinct for survival can produce and drive people to do. Not to mention the conquering aspects were quite swift, during its time, and the weaponry and longships.
Last edited by Norse Thrasher at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Harmonius
Typo. Cheer up.

Yeah, I edited just in case. Still, I thought you needed taking down a peg or two since that was a pretty arrogant post
Technically proficient?

All about the USA.

Longest lasting?

Probz the romans or the mongols or something. Idk.
Quote by Norse Thrasher
The Vikings, in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland, circa Viking Age.

Just for heritage

But seriously, you don't **** with Vikings.

Funny thing is the Irish had viking too. But I agree with Vikings. A massive guy with a huge beard waving an axe screaming would make most people run like hell in the opposite direction
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Yeah, I edited just in case. Still, I thought you needed taking down a peg or two since that was a pretty arrogant post

A post without arrogance is one that means very little . It's the truth. I hate neutral opinions.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Uhhh... America is definitely up there, if not the greatest of all time. Today, no country currently comes close to the U.S. military strength, power, breadth, or spending. The U.S. military is a ****ing monster.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by blake1221
Technically proficient?

All about the USA.

Longest lasting?

Probz the romans or the mongols or something. Idk.

You think American soldiers are the most technically proficient or you think they have the greatest technology? Surely you mean the latter?
Quote by guitarlord28
Funny thing is the Irish had viking too. But I agree with Vikings. A massive guy with a huge beard waving an axe screaming would make most people run like hell in the opposite direction

Did they? Well, it probably was from the assimilation of the Norsemen and its culture into Ireland, when they invaded.

EDIT: I edited my original post, by the way, with more explanation of my chosen nation(s). Though come to think of it, Vikings were more just merchants, pirates, and pioneers than a military. But damn, were they a good at what they did.
Last edited by Norse Thrasher at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
You think American soldiers are the most technically proficient or you think they have the greatest technology? Surely you mean the latter?

Technology. But we have a damn good forces as well. The Navy SEALs ain't nothin' to fuck with.
France

Problem UG?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by Sir-Shredalot

well i would agree that the most technologically advanced since our government pours gobs of money into research and development. im really trying not to interpret your text tone but your comment came off quite demeaning/insulting to past and present american GI's
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by Carnivean
Uhhh... America is definitely up there, if not the greatest of all time. Today, no country currently comes close to the U.S. military strength, power, breadth, or spending. The U.S. military is a ****ing monster.

I think we spend more on our military than everyone else combined.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Reppin' up Great Britain. Suck it amerifags.

(flameshield engaged).
1969 Honey Burst Les Paul
2001 Gibson SG
2009 Martin D-15m
2006 Fender Sonoran

1979 MusicMan HD130 2-12
Framus 2-12 V30's
Blackstar HT5

Blackstar Dist-x
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone

View my Pedal Thread
Quote by blake1221
Technology. But we have a damn good forces as well. The Navy SEALs ain't nothin' to fuck with.

Yeah, that's why all the wars you've been involved in since WWII have been easy going, eh?
USA can nuke anyone. If anyone argues, they'll nuke you.

Also wouldn't wanna **** with Russia, they're pretty badass.

I'm Canadian, our army is 3 guys with a small switchblade.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Yeah, that's why all the wars you've been involved in since WWII have been easy going, eh?

Well, if you mean that towards the SEALs, they weren't around until the Vietnam War, I believe.

But no, we really do have disciplined, well trained men and women.
Quote by xSacrilegex
USA can nuke anyone. If anyone argues, they'll nuke you.

Also wouldn't wanna **** with Russia, they're pretty badass.

hilarious. absolutely hilarious. im from edmonton so i get where you are coming from. the real drag is those 3 guys have to all share that 1 switchblade
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by xSacrilegex

Ahhhh, you forgot about that guy on the tugboat with a shotgun (which may or may not be loaded, but that's for the navies of the world to find out)

Edit: regarding the guy above being from Edmonton, the West Edmonton Mall has more submarines in total than the Canadian navy.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Last edited by mattkendell at Jul 15, 2011,
Quote by Pagan-Pie

WW2 had an attainable objective. Just because our reasons are ridiculous and unattainable doesn't mean our military is weak. The strongest man in the world still can't lift a cruise ship
Check out my band Disturbed