I'm looking for a pedal that would help me get a stoner-rock kind of sound. More of a fuzz though then the kinda tinny metal sound. I'm using a Korg multi-fx pedal into a Traynor DG30D amp right now, the Engl in my sig is in a coma (output just stopped abruptly mid-playing).

(If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I use a Korg AX5G Multi-FX pedal only on the D3 setting, which should be fuzz, or the pre-fx setting 49. It says its Orange distortion)

I've heard a lot about them, and I'm not quite sure if it would fit with what I want, but would a Tube Screamer be good?

I had a Big Muff Pi before, bud I sold it as I didn't think I would need it. Any other good fuzz pedals for a Kyuss-y sound?

Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Tube screamers are great, as far as overdrives go. But if you want a pedal that does ALL, fuzz/OD/distortion, then it wont do that. I doubt any pedal does really. Anyway, I have an Ibanez TS9DX and TS7, both sound great to me, but the TS9DX is far more versatile. It has more settings and more depth on each setting. I also have a Boss MD-2, Boss DS-1 (Keeley Ultra mod), Boss FZ-5, and a Boss OS-2. I like all of them to be honest (hence the ownership of said pedals ). If I had to get just the bare essentials, I'd go for the Ibanez TS9DX and the Boss MD-2. I can't give a truly objective opinion of the FZ-5, since it is the only fuzz pedal I've tried so far.
I think i want something that can do fuzz, but if you crank it up, can still do some br00tz tones. I'm pretty much a pedal noob and wasnt quite sure what I'd need. I would like something that can do like a 50/50 of fuzz and metal (so like distortion?)

I didn't mind the Big Muff Pi, but I felt it was pretty bland. Maybe I was just using it wrong though.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Of all the OD/Distortion/Fuzz pedals I have, If I picked just one to get by on....it would have to be the TS9DX. Most versatile of the bunch that I have by far. But that's not to say it is the pedal to replace all pedals either. I think it would suit your needs for the fuzz/OD part, but I'm not 100% sure it would give you the extreme distortion it sounds like you want. I'd say this, start with the TS9DX and see how it fills your need and go from there.
All 3 in 1?

Empress Multidrive.

Cool part is that it allows blending of the 3 drives.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
In terms of fuzz pedals, Blackout Effectors Musket or Earthquaker Devices Hoof are the hands down best. I have a Hoof and I love using it for Dinosaur Jr.-ey leads and super crunchy rhythm. They're made by The Black Keys' old tour manager/guitar tech Jamie Stillman, and Dan Auerbach has a few in his arsenal.

The Musket is little more on the metal-ly side (but still great), while the Hoof is straight up grit.
Sorry, not all 3 in 1, i just wasn't sure what I should be asking for, what would be best for a Kyuss-y fuzz sound, but still have enough power for some modest metal tones. The lack of "extreme distortion" is fine with me. I'll go take a look at the TS9DX.

EDIT: The MXR M173 (http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/10508/Guitars/Guitar_Effects/Dunlop/M173_-_Silicon_Fuzz.htm) also looks interesting. In the description it says something about stoner rock, which works for me. It what I'm going for.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Last edited by AWACS at Jul 16, 2011,
I just went and listened to a few Kyuss tunes on youboob, and I'd say the TS9DX may be all you need, if anything more, maybe a fuzz pedal. Oh and just incase your good at it, maybe you can apply for the new opening....

http://www.punknews.org/article/43471
I wonder how that'll affect his standing with Kyuss Lives? I was supposed to see them in September...
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
As far as the FZ-5 goes, it sucks; At least compared to the FZ-2, or so I'm told. Electric Wizard use the FZ-2, but then again their fuzz sound isn't too similar to Kyuss's anyway...

I'd look at the Musket Fuzz. It's a lot like a EHX Big Muff, but it has better control over the response of the fuzz, thereby fixing a lot of BM users complaints about spongy low end and lack of mids.

Actually, while you're at it, look at the Fulltone Ultimate Octave. Josh's sound in a box, apparently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxk4QjjNYQ
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.