Just looking to connect with some SA musicians, I just started a band so I'm not looking for other musical projects until we are well settled but I'd really like to get in touch and support fellow SA musicians.
i've heard of SA, can i jam with you?

i have cheese
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by rockstar2be
Such a pity that people associate SA music with Die Antwoord

It's because South Africa isn't exactly a happening musical country. I have Crow Black Sky's album, if that makes you feel any better.
PM me for newts
Quote by rockstar2be

i associate it with seether. and dave matthews.

i'm sorry.
Go Veg.
Haha I understand, most SA music that reaches other countries are rather shit. Go listen to Ashtray Electric (Indie), Pretty Blue Guns, Taxi Violence (Blues Rock), Zebra & Giraffe (Indie)
Quote by rockstar2be

Why? Die Antwoord are fucking awesome
Quote by StewieSwan
It's because South Africa isn't exactly a happening musical country.

Is this serious?

Get The Indestructible Beat of Soweto.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
ZP Theart
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
tom morrello
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I read the title as South African Muslims, which made it even more of a "wtf" kind of moment than it already was.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I like Fokofpolisiekar and Van Koke Kartel?

An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by im not mental
i associate it with seether. and dave matthews.

i'm sorry.

This
There is awesome music in SA! I wish aKing, Freedom for Your Life, Mr. Cat and the Jackal, Fokofpolisiekar etc. would get the level of exposure that Die Antwoord is getting.
ambush is merely another name for Camping
Haha the previous two posters are the best so far. And the one who likes Fokofpolisiekar and Van Coke Kartel
Quote by =w=eeze
(Invalid img)

Fuck them.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I'm South African and quite into music so I'll post my critique...

South Africa is a really mixed society. Many races, cultures, nationalities, languages, so there's a lot of variation in the music here. In short I'd say that South Africa does a couple genres really well one being Jazz. We also have some unique genres like Kwaito and Kwela. But otherwise when you start comparing it with other more common genres with other countries then SA just looks dull.

SA Metal - Metal is my main love and it is bloody terrible here. I swear 85% of it is rehashed American Melodeath/Metalcore played in the most boring way possible. The other bit is Thrash, Death. The Death isn't too bad but really if you want good Metal look elsewhere.

SA Rock - it's mainly Indie/Alt based, maybe with a touch of Punk, and pretty generic in that these bands don't really have stuff that makes them stand out from one another. Seether is a big exception. They are good but most prefer the Indie route. I like Freshlyground.

SA electronic based stuff - here it is pretty good. I like Dubstep and Drum and Bass and there is quite a dedicated following of it here. There's a lot of places that are dedicated almost to this stuff. Niskerone is a great artist. Lark is amazing.

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Why? Die Antwoord are fucking awesome

Hell no. They highlight the worst culture and class of this country. It'd be like if some black American rapper came out on stage eating fried chicken while bouncing a basketball and raping a white woman or something. They're just shock value.

If you want South African rap then look up Mandoza.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_UHkcQRAK4&feature=related
Last edited by Akula KO at Jul 18, 2011,
"SA Rock - it's mainly Indie/Alt based, maybe with a touch of Punk, and pretty generic in that these bands don't really have stuff that makes them stand out from one another. Seether is a big exception. They are good but most prefer the Indie route. I like Freshlyground."

Listen to Pretty Blue Guns, Taxi Violence, Ashtray Electric, New Holland, Wrestlerish, aKing and many more before you say something ignorant like that
Quote by rockstar2be
Haha the previous two posters are the best so far. And the one who likes Fokofpolisiekar and Van Coke Kartel

WOO! I got recognised!

I also like KOBUS. They are pretty cool.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Akula KO
Hell no. They highlight the worst culture and class of this country. It'd be like if some black American rapper came out on stage eating fried chicken while bouncing a basketball and raping a white woman or something.

I dig it