whats the bar fourmla for an augmented-major seventh chord? i so far found out most of them but i can find this one.

im trying to look for c augmented-major seventh chord.
Quote by harvestkingx
whats the bar fourmla for an augmented-major seventh chord? i so far found out most of them but i can find this one.

im trying to look for c augmented-major seventh chord.

C Major 7 #5?

Wouldn't it be 1 3 #5 7?

C E G# B

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Jul 15, 2011,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by bar formula. It doesn't really make sense to have an augmaj7 barred basically because it has an altered fifth. If you're asking for the formula, it's 1 3 5# 7.

e----------
B--0---7---
G--1---4---
D--2---6---
A--3---3---
E----------

Those are some good voicings if that's what you looked for.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Sorry what does 1 3 5# 7 mean? I probably forgot something not in a good mood lol so every is confusing lol
does this chord exist? like a substitute for a substitute of a dominant? IIIo7 for IIIo for V7?
wait... are you trying to augment the major 7th of a chord (wtfbbq)? or do you want a maj7#5, because the first thing makes no ****ing sense...
I'm assuming you mean a Maj7#5 chord, in which case I'd suggest

----
--9--
--9--
--9--
--x--
--8--

or

--4--
--5--
--4--
--x--
--3--
----
You'll find the III+#7 on the 3rd degree of the harmonic minor scale. In root position it sounds good resolving to ib. The chord acts as a dominant, the 3rd, 5th and 7th all belong to the V chord.
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Jul 16, 2011,
Quote by harvestkingx
Sorry what does 1 3 5# 7 mean? I probably forgot something not in a good mood lol so every is confusing lol

Those are intervals. If you know the notes to the C major scale, 1 is the first note, 2 is the second note and so forth. 5# is the fifth scale degree just raised one semitone.

1 means the root which is C.
3 means the major third which is E, 4 semitones up from the root.
5# means the augmented fifth which is G#, 8 semitones up from the root.
7 means the major seventh which is B, 11 semitones up from the root.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3