I want to start recording my stuff without spending much. I want to record sound directly from the amplifier, don't use simulators with the PC Line In, from what I know the best microphone quality/price speaking, is the SM57, but how to connect it to the computer and then process the sound? What do I need to get the best possible product at a cheap price?
Gear:

Jackson KVX10
Peavey ValveKing 112
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
Boss OS 2
Morley Bad Horsie
Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress
Digitech DigiDelay
Digitech Whammy
Hmm you should plug your mic into a sound card. You can get a used one for 40 $.

So what you should do now is put your mic in a good position near your amp. Experiment several positions to get a clear / decent sound. ( I m not sure where to mic, I use guitar rig for sounds ) If I'm not mistaken , a 40 degree angle should give out a clear sound. ( not sure )

Now you should have a daw ( a program where you can record and process the sounds ). Example of daws : Cubase, Nuendo, Fruity Loops, Reaper, Audacity...

When you figure out that part, repost and I can help you step by step for the processing
The symphonizer
Last edited by Sympho at Jul 15, 2011,
xlr to usb are around the same price
only if you'v washed your hands!
Quote by Sympho
Hmm you should plug your mic into a sound card. You can get a used one for 40 $.

So what you should do now is put your mic in a good position near your amp. Experiment several positions to get a clear / decent sound. ( I m not sure where to mic, I use guitar rig for sounds ) If I'm not mistaken , a 40 degree angle should give out a clear sound. ( not sure )

Now you should have a daw ( a program where you can record and process the sounds ). Example of daws : Cubase, Nuendo, Fruity Loops, Reaper, Audacity...

When you figure out that part, repost and I can help you step by step for the processing

Can you name some sound cards with pros and cons?
Gear:

Jackson KVX10
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss OS 2
Morley Bad Horsie
Digitech DigiDelay
Digitech Whammy
Thanks... can I find something good under 100€?
Gear:

Jackson KVX10
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss OS 2
Morley Bad Horsie
Digitech DigiDelay
Digitech Whammy
Off course. You don't need new ones, get used soundcards. You can get the best for 40 euros.

I'm usually against buying second hand stuff, but for sound cards, I don't think it really matters if someone used it or not
The symphonizer
Do I need a Soundcard/Audio Interface with built in pre amp? Do I need a Mixer?
Gear:

Jackson KVX10
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss OS 2
Morley Bad Horsie
Digitech DigiDelay
Digitech Whammy
You don't really need a mixer, unless you're going for analog mixing or planning on recording real drums.

As for the audio interface, a preamp is actually a plus, specially for vocals.
The symphonizer
How about the M Audio Fast Track Pro? It seems nicer than the Fast Track Bundle with Pro Tools Essential, but I need a software... should I buy the best version without PT or take the Bundle? Right now I'm thinking of buying the Fast Track Pro and the SM57, but is there a good quality freeware software for recording?
Gear:

Jackson KVX10
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss OS 2
Morley Bad Horsie
Digitech DigiDelay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Bolly
How about the M Audio Fast Track Pro? It seems nicer than the Fast Track Bundle with Pro Tools Essential, but I need a software... should I buy the best version without PT or take the Bundle? Right now I'm thinking of buying the Fast Track Pro and the SM57, but is there a good quality freeware software for recording?

By the Fast Track Pro and download Reaper (I believe it's only $40 after a month's full trial)
Quote by Bolly

The M Audio Fast Track is a great choice. For softwares, I've never used Reaper, but you can give it a try, it's free for 30 days I think.
The symphonizer