My new JCA100H

Review:
Features: Not a whole lot, but who needs to rely on a billion knobs anyways? It has two 8 ohm outputs, two 4 ohm outputs, and one 16 ohm. Bass, Middle, Treble, and Presence controls. A preamp volume and master volume for each channel (overdrive and clean). Oh and an effects loop i have yet to try out.

Sound: This is my favorite part. It can go from good cleans to some great distortion (you could play a lot of modern rock IMO). Boosted, I'm able to push some great metal/hardcore tones out of it. Death metal I'm not so sure about. I think it can, but People keep telling me that will take much more gain. I feel like I've found an amp that can nail nearly all of my favorite tones. That being said, I have nothing to compare it to but an HT-5 and my recently sold Vypyr, but this blows those out of the water.

Reliability/Durability: When i pulled it out of the box, it seemed very tough. The JCA100h can withstand live playing, probably without a backup. I'd still recommend to bring a backup, but if you have nothing else, I'm almost confident this could handle it. Something about it tells me its ridiculously well built.

Impression: Looking at it on the internet, it looked like the exact opposite of what I wanted. After being convinced to buy it by some of the members on this forum (they recommend it too much because it's great, and now i recommend it too), I went and purchased it blindly. I had no way to try it beforehand, but some youtube videos helped this amp win over everything else in it's price range. If it was stolen (i know, every review says this ) within the next month, I would instantly blame my neighbors, and then proceed to buy another one.

I gotta edit my sig again Any questions about it? Ill take some more pics if requested.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Hnad!
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
clipz?

HNAD

I'd love to, but i don't have a mic. I wouldn't know how to mic an amp properly anyways . FastRedPonyCar's ( i think ?) youtube videos sum it up pretty good though.

Edit: Can anybody help me out with getting a delay pedal for this? The loop is designed for rack effects, but delay is really the only effect i ever use. Will the MXR carbon copy or one of the digitech hardwire pedals work?
Rig:

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Last edited by CowpokeFromHell at Jul 15, 2011,
sweet amps man.

HNAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
HNAD! Enjoy it, man!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Nice choice. What cab you running it into?
HNAD

How about going for rack effects then? You can score an Alesis Quadraverb real cheap these days. The delay is great and has some lovely reverbs, and chorus and stuff too. You can edit the bejeebus outa them, nothing is out of reach. You can drive it either via MIDI or there are two footswitch sockets on the back. One for bypass and one to step through a preselected group of patches.
For my favourite lead sound I have reverb and a touch of octaving and it sounds incredible. I have it so subtle that you can't tell that's what's going on but it just thickens out the sound amazingly.
You've basically got a Soldano now, you'll probably start finding out that subtle colourisations (chorus/flange/phaser/octaver/etc) will make it "pop" in ways you never thought possible before. A Quaddy would be awesome on that. Like I said, it's crazy good to edit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm running it through a Carvin V212 with 2 Carvin GT12s in it. It's better than i expected it to be when i bought it. Where can i get one of those Quadraverb's, and how much is it gonna cost? I'm not intending to spend a whole lot (i was thinking a max of $200?), but i might be able to stretch a bit if it sounds that good.
Rig:

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Watch Ebay. They come up all the time. I've seen plenty go for $200.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Midiverb is pretty nice too. I like mine well enough, at least. Got it for $50 though.

HNAD, really wish I could try one of these.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Midiverb is pretty nice too. I like mine well enough, at least. Got it for $50 though.

Yeah MIDIVerbs are ok. The Quaddy has far better editing though. You can even get at things like diffusion and high freq decay on the reverb with a Quaddy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
HNAD!

The TC Nova Repeater works in the loop. IIRC so does the hardwire but I'd do a check first.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah MIDIVerbs are ok. The Quaddy has far better editing though. You can even get at things like diffusion and high freq decay on the reverb with a Quaddy.

You can get those on the Midiverb IV too

What I like about the Quad though is that you can have more than 2 effects at a time and you can pick what effects go to what patch... right? Cause I can't do that on my Midiverb.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, you can run reverb, delay, pitch and EQ simultaneously. You can't run say, chorus and flange together though. One from each category at any one time. Why you'd ever want to run chorus and flange at the same time is beyond me though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've got a Carbon Copy. It does well for what I want with my 'high gain' Splawn. I use it for some reverb as well as upfront and it works great in both places. It can get pretty crazy too if you set it just right. If you like subtle delay with natural tones and decay I recommend it.

The downside to the CC is it has a relatively short delay time (200ms) and can sound a bit muddy to those that prefer digitial delay. If you prefer a sharper delay with more parameters maybe look at something else. I've heard good things about the Quadraverb too.

Quote by Raijouta

Thanks. If you get the chance to try it, you better take that chance. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

I don't know a lot about rack equipment. Do i need a power conditioner for the quadraverb/midiverb? What about a footswitch?
Rig:

Quote by JamSessionFreak
No you don't need a power condtioner any more than you need one for anything else.
The footswitches take normal momentary switches like you use for the sustain pedals on keyboards.
If you want to know more, here's the manual
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by CowpokeFromHell
Features: Not a whole lot, but who needs to rely on a billion knobs anyways?

we're obviously related somehow.
One day I intend to build a Champ with a grid choke instead of a volume knob. Then it would have no knobs at all.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification