My 12th fret on my high e string makes this chorus like sounding ringing noise (not louder then the string itself btw just like a background noise) and muteing the string doesnt stop it but, muteing all the strings will which is odd, just started happening after I was playing in overdrive for a bit, anyone know what the problem is, guitar is a squire strat, thank you very much in advance.

P.S. Also sorry for putting other thread in wrong topic.
feedback
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
It's a harmonic.

Congratulations.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Momentosis
feedback

Yes we have already established he would like some feedback.
My string are pretty much new I put them on tho about 6 months ago and didnt start playing again till these last few weeks, so could the strings have gone bad just over time or?
Quote by Momentosis
feedback

Yeah maybe you could give him some you unhelpful buffoon.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Eric_Fail
Yeah maybe you could give him some you unhelpful buffoon.

*cough cough* already made that joke *cough cough*

I'm not sure why I had to cough to tell you that though.
It's more than likely a grounding issue. maybe some jerk soldered it incorrectly or it just came loose with time.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Duffman123
*cough cough* already made that joke *cough cough*

I'm not sure why I had to cough to tell you that though.

Yeah but I wasn't joking, it really irks me when some loser nerdfag says either "*reported*" or only posts to say "wrong forum". Also you should get that cough checked out, you might die.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Eric_Fail
Yeah but I wasn't joking, it really irks me when some loser nerdfag says either "*reported*" or only posts to say "wrong forum". Also you should get that cough checked out, you might die.

You know what really irks me? People who hate when people add nothing to a thread and then proceed to add nothing to the thread.

If it's not a wiring issue then it may be that your intonation is off. I fail to see how that would produce a constant ringing though.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
It's called a harmonic. You also get some good ones on the 5th and 7th frets and if you have a trem you can do a really badass one on the 2nd.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.