Anyone have luck using their overdrive pedal with a Super Champ XD? I understand that since the preamp is solid state, you're not going to get real tube clipping, but I was still hoping to color the tone a little w/ a decent overdrive pedal's own clipping. I tried a Blues Driver and it didn't sound good at all, compared to running the pedal through a tube amp.

Any recommendations as to an overdrive pedal that would work well with the Super Champ? I'm looking for a low to medium gain pedal that would work well for blues and garage rock. I'm fine with some of the modeling voices on the Champ (specifically the Blackface tones), but want to loop a few lines with different tones and therefore need an overdrive before the loop pedal in the chain.
If you intend to loop you need to use the clean channel only. And you have to get all fx (except maybe reverb) from pedals before the looper. Just use your SXCD as a clean amp and you should be fine.
Quote by fly135
If you intend to loop you need to use the clean channel only. And you have to get all fx (except maybe reverb) from pedals before the looper. Just use your SXCD as a clean amp and you should be fine.

That's what I mean. I want to put an overdrive pedal before the looper and use the clean channel. I'm just wondering what overdrive will sound good on the SXCD. The Blues Driver didn't sound so great, and I'm usually a fan of it.
Last edited by autumnsweater2 at Jul 16, 2011,