I bought the body you see below from Ebay a while back. There are no identifying marks on it of any kind. The body weighs about 4.5 pounds, and judging from the grain, is probably made of plywood. The seller claimed that it was once a Fender HM strat, but the rear routing doesn't match what I've seen on the Internet. Any guesses are greatly appreciated, as my attempts to match a neck to this body have all failed. (If this is another clue, the neck pocket is only a half inch deep.) Many thanks in advance!
Attachments:
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Last edited by madworld477 at Jul 15, 2011,
I don't see any picture.....
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
I definitely don't think it was a fender, it's probably one of millions of Chinese copy guitars out there, why do you need to know. How have you managed to fail with getting a neck for it? I'm sure most 25.5" scale strat style necks would it fit it?

Chur
Jackson or Charvel-style maybe? Definitely not Fender, i pretty sure that that is the wrong screw config for a Fender of any type.
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Either a Jackson or an ESP. It is was an RG it would have a route for the trem, Jackson and ESP use that bolt configuration for their necks, seems more like a Jackson to me since they use 2-point trems on their lower-end models and also use the 1 volume 1 tone control configuration.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Last edited by Metalfan41 at Jul 16, 2011,
Many thanks for the replies. As Lightblue suggested, my biggest problem with this body has been finding a neck to fit it. I tried a standard 25.5 Fender neck (21 frets) and it would not fit the pocket at all. I was hoping that being able to ID the manufacturer (or at least who the manufacturer copied) would help me find a neck for it. Please keep the guesses coming!
Looks like a red Jackson JS23 body.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
HSS strat, looks either jackson or ibby. you could always buy an un-drilled neck from somewhere like www.axesrus.com and put the screw holes in yourself?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
My problem with the neck is that all of the necks I have tried sit way too high on the body--their heels are too thick to fit properly. I haven't found a neck yet that properly fits the pocket, which is only .5 inches deep. Please keep the guesses coming!
The fretboard is supposed to sit above the body though. You're likely going to need a 24 fret neck with the heel under the 24th fret to get proper intonation.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
most definitely NOT a Jackson.
I don't know about that; I have a Jackson JS20 that looks exactly like that, same color and everything.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I don't know about that; I have a Jackson JS20 that looks exactly like that, same color and everything.

the shape of the electronics cavity is wrong for Jackson.
the holes for the controls knobs are in the wrong place for a Jackson.
the neck pocket heel is angled - again, wrong for a Jackson.

3 strikes - Jackson is out.