Hi everybody, I'm moving in a new appartment next month.

I'm worried about the acoustic of the rooms. The only thing I wanna record is hardcore/punk/metal vocals and guitars.

I'm playing on a mesa boogie 50 w single rectifier on a Vertical 2x2 mesa cab. I assume I would have to buy a hot plate to get the sound reduction or to use it like dummy load.

But the thing is that I find that recording the cab with a sm57 gives me a better feel because of the air it pushes, which you cant really obtain on a direct line in/dummy load situation.

I was wondering if I could easily install something temporary on the walls so I can play guitar without bothering too much the neighbors since its in a block.

Thanks
Put the cab in a closet with lots of blankets over it to minimize bleed. may not work awesome, but it's a start.
Nothing's going to be able to stop the low end through walls/floor/ceiling without a whole lot of money and a whole lot of construction.

Your best bet is to build an iso box for your amp and even then, not turn it all the way up. That will still cost you some money and take basic wood working skills, but it will help more than anything else. If you're interested, I can help you find some good plans for it and with finding materials.

If someone suggests blankets or mattresses or egg crates, just don't listen. They'll each slightly dampen certain frequencies, but the ones that get through the walls to your neighbors will go through any of those completely untouched. Think about it, if it can get through a wall, it can get through a little foam.
You could use that. If you really like your cab and the way it sounds, you can build a box and line it with the proper type and amount of insulation and have the cab and mic sit inside. That way you can have the amp head on the outside and still use your cab. You could also do it for a lot cheaper. Probably about half that price.

I bet you could find a friend to help you who might be a little more skilled in that area. All it is is a box with a door and insulation.

The only thing to keep in mind is you have to build the box big enough to fit the insulation, amp, and mic while giving it a little breathing room, and leaving a hole somewhere for a cable.