I haven't really touched soloing much. I have only been messing around with rhythm. I was wondering if anyone knows any solos. That aren't fast, quick to pick up on, and is strictly metal. Thanks.
Last edited by ishredwithnubs at Jul 16, 2011,
I have never heard of soling before. How do I do it?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
learn minor, harmonic minor, and melodic minor, then try to use them improvisationally
First off: What are your favourite bands? So we can get a touch of your style.
What is your current skill level?
Also: Metal generally isn't an easy genre to play at least up to speed.

Try some Iron Maiden Solos, Some Black Sabbath. Metallica have some easy bits here and there.

I would also suggest looking up lessons on youtube. It's easier to see it visually.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
My favorite bands? Just a few I can name off the top of my head. May not be strictly metal so don't flame me about the "right" genre. Chelsea Smile, Iced Earth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, Bullet for My Valentine, and August Burns Red. My current skill level. I would say beginner still. Getting to intermediate, but still a beginner. I know metal isn't easy to play up to speed, and for some reason. Watching videos of other people play doesn't help me for some reason.
Just download the tabs for songs you like and give them a go.
Metallica, just go through songs you want to learn on UG. AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Maiden. All those bands.

If you find a solo difficult, break it down into licks, learn it as SLOW as you can. Never sacrafice accuracy for speed.
Most important of all, listen to the track and mimic it. Your ear is the most useful tool you have once it develops.

If you want to learn fast, get some DVDs with licks and a metronome and just practice.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"