Meh. I don't even like ABR enough to justify listening to one of their ripoffs.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
They sound quite different to August Burns Red. There certainly are loads bands that copy ABR, but I The Breather aren't one of them.

Dude above me, give them a listen now!!
I did listen to them. It's just not a style of metalcore I enjoy that much.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

Fair enough. I just really like the off-kilter nature of the music, it's sort of got a slight touch of polyrhythmic stuff going on there without going off into random mathcore stuff. That track I posted is great fun to learn.
Eh not really, you need to listen to more mathcore. I listened to them for like a week straight and then I got bored, now the band does nothing for me
Moses would be proud of this open C. Pretty uninspiring stuff.
Last edited by Axendancy at Jul 16, 2011,
Quote by jonnowev
They sound quite different to August Burns Red. There certainly are loads bands that copy ABR, but I The Breather aren't one of them.

Dude above me, give them a listen now!!

Yea of course they don't sound exactly like them, its definitely one of their biggest influences though.

There's nothing about this band that stands out in the least bit really.
Quote by Meelad360
Eh not really, you need to listen to more mathcore. I listened to them for like a week straight and then I got bored, now the band does nothing for me

Well maybe we should stay away from listening to one thing - one overall pretty boring thing - for a week straight?

ITB are cool, I like them. I've never gotten into ABR and I don't really think they sound alike, but one can certainly feel that influence. On the other hand, I picked up their album a bit after release and still haven't gotten past song 6. (Always has the worst timing...) But ultimately, they're way too interesting for most metalcore fans, and way too bland for most mathcore fans. Given them another release or two and they'll have probably gone the generic route.
I like the song that sounds like all the other songs all the bands are releasing these days.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by Loki_37
But ultimately, they're way too interesting for most metalcore fans

Lol
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

You just posted the same thing a few minutes ago
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

Oh man now it looks like im talking to myself
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

Quote by Loki_37
Well maybe we should stay away from listening to one thing - one overall pretty boring thing - for a week straight?

ITB are cool, I like them. I've never gotten into ABR and I don't really think they sound alike, but one can certainly feel that influence. On the other hand, I picked up their album a bit after release and still haven't gotten past song 6. (Always has the worst timing...) But ultimately, they're way too interesting for most metalcore fans, and way too bland for most mathcore fans. Given them another release or two and they'll have probably gone the generic route.

I never said I was listening to only them.
Exactly, and anyway why the hell would someone only listen to one sub-genre of hardcore?! Who would just define themselves as a "mathcore fan", as if that's all they listen to...
I don't find anything about them to be out of the ordinary, and therefore, worth listening to.

EDIT: Let me reiterate the fact they are a solid band and are definitely closer to good than bad. I like bands that successfully employ the shimmering leads over chuggas approach, the kind that is readily apparent in their songs. I think they deserve a few more listens, even if they are blatantly copying their style from more well known bands.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Last edited by Gomorrah at Jul 17, 2011,
They're a decent band on album. Good energy, ect, ect.
But seeing them live is meh (slightly boring at times).

All in all I'll listen to it, but they're not really a big stand out band for me though.
Sounds like one of those trendy metalcore bands.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
I bought their album and felt like I had already heard it about a million times before. ABR rules, but no other band can really pull it off quite like they do
This band is ABR minus all the riffs and just breakdowns. Pass.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by The Charm
Sounds like one of those trendy metalcore bands.

They pretty much are man. But for some reason I kinda like them (as hated as I might be for saying that).
Sorry if I'm reviving this thread. But I actually like it. It's doesn't remind me of ABR much. If this band sounds like ABR then every metalcore band sounds like ABR. And tbh, if my band were compared to sounding like ABR I'd be pretty happy. Those are some pretty talented lads.
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
Actually, for a trendy metalcore band these guys aren't bad.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.