Title pretty much says it all, I could use a noise gate and I know very little of them. Going down to my local music store in a few hours so hopefully I can get a good look at some.

I'm not sure how much they cost, so i'll set a rough budget of £150, however I can change that.

Can someone recommend me a good noise gate?
I think the best you can do in that price range in the ISP Decimator or the MXR smart gate...but i've heard only good things about the Decimator
Last edited by TheMightyBean at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by TheMightyBean
I think the best you can do in that price range in the ISP Decimator or the MXR smart gate...but i've heard only good things about the decimator

+1
These are the only 2 I would bother with
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Depends on WHERE your putting it.

Loop: Rocktron HUSH
In front of amp: ISP Decimator
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
i have a smart gate, its awesome. i get no unwanted noise and i never get cut off. keep in mind this pedal is best in front of the preamp, if you put it in the loop it can color your tone. at least it does with my amp. i've also heard great things about the isp pedals but the g string is almost double the price of the smart gate.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
As of about 7 hours ago, I am looking forward to an ISP decimator turning up on my doorstep in a week or so. After doing more than anybodys share of forum cruising, I have decided that the ISP is where it's at. Neither the ISP and the MXR are distributed to my country, so hopefully the extra cost of importation is worth it. I hate to buy before I try, but as far as I can tell I've made the right choice
I have a BOSS NS-2. I think it's pretty good. It takes the signal from your guitar as the signal to turn off, but will store all the pedals and even the preamp stage of you amp it's own loop.

I use mine in the effects loop.
Quote by jolly_26
As of about 7 hours ago, I am looking forward to an ISP decimator turning up on my doorstep in a week or so. After doing more than anybodys share of forum cruising, I have decided that the ISP is where it's at. Neither the ISP and the MXR are distributed to my country, so hopefully the extra cost of importation is worth it. I hate to buy before I try, but as far as I can tell I've made the right choice

Hell yeah, ISP is a great pedal, I wouldn't be without it! Lucky man living in Wanaka by the way, beautiful town, stayed there for 6 weeks or so 4 years ago.