Hi,
My parents have very kindly bought me a Schecter Synyster Gates Standard guitar and I was wondering do Schecter ship these guitars fully set up or would it be best to take it to my local guitar shop for a set up.
Depending on what you call a full setup, and depends as well on the store you bought it from.

It's playable out of the box, but that doesn't mean it's fully set up to your liking.
Quote by Syriel
Depending on what you call a full setup, and depends as well on the store you bought it from.

It's playable out of the box, but that doesn't mean it's fully set up to your liking.

By a full set up I mean like spring tension on the Floyd Rose to be equal to the tension of my strings etc.
i think the extent at which they are set up varies depending on what factory it was made at (most out-sourced guitars are made in several different factories) and whether they could be arsed to set it up properly. so there's no way you could possibly know what to expect until you get it unless you check the actual guitar over before you buy it. that pretty much applies to any guitar, really.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
A lot of Shecters are sent to the USA factory to be set up.

Mine was decently set up, though I don't have a FR so couldn't comment on that.
Most guitars nedd at lest a fine adjustment to get to my liking. The only guitars I have ever encountered that need no adjustments are USA made PRS guitars, the set up is perfect ( for me) out of the box.
Shecters have a good reputation of nice action from the factory.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate