Page 1 of 2
Source

TURBOTVILLE - When Amish farmer-contractor Hosea D. Hostetler and his wife Ada heard the crash outside their home, he quickly got on his cellphone and called 911.

"It sounded like a gunshot, just a big boom. We jumped up," Hostetler said.

A van with an adult and three children, and a car with an adult and two children collided head-on about a half a mile south of here, on Route 44 about 12:45 p.m. Friday, state police said.

Hostetler said smoke was pouring from the car's engine compartment.

"There was a lot of smoke coming from the vehicle. I gave 911 my address and told them 'I got to go. The vehicles are starting to burn,'" Hostetler said.

He quickly grabbed two fire extinguishers, but they didn't work.

So he started carrying buckets of water to the car and began pouring water on the flames with the help of neighbor Ray Hoover.

An unidentified passerby stopped and also helped carry buckets of water to the wreckage.

While the two children in the burning car, both boys ages 3 and 5, were quickly removed, the woman, identified by police as Erin Skeans, 27, of Turbotville, remained pinned in her BMW sedan unconscious.

"Another 30 seconds and I don't think we would have reached her in time," Hostetler said.

With his wife helping fill the buckets, Hostetler believes he ran nearly a dozen times back and forth with water before the flames were put out.

"If we had to, we would have ripped that door off to get her out of the car. However, we didn't have to," Hostetler said.

Fire officials and police are crediting the actions of the three men and Hostetler's wife with saving Skeans' life.

For an unknown reason, Skeans' southbound car crossed the center line and struck a van driven by Kristy McNett, 34, of Watsontown, police said.

McNett, along with her passengers, two girls ages 3 and 7, and a 10-year-old boy, suffered moderate injuries. All four were already out of the van when firefighters arrived on the scene, David Brown, assistant fire chief for the Warrior Run Area Volunteer Fire Co., said.

Two medical helicopters dispatched to the scene landed in nearby fields, Brown said.

After she was extricated from the car, Skeans, and one of the boys in her vehicle were flown to the Geisinger Medical Center in Danville to be treated for major to moderate injuries, Brown and police said.

Skeans was reported in critical condition, a nursing supervisor said Friday night.

The other boy in her car, along with McNett and the children in her vehicle, were all taken by ambulances to Geisinger. McNett was reported in serious condition, the nursing supervisor said.

Because police do not release the identities of minors involved in crashes, in was impossible to determine the medical conditions of the children.

Volunteer fire police detoured traffic around the crash until state troopers completed their on-scene investigation.

I'm glad that these Amish believe in technology for emergencies. I'm pulling for both parties involved, but I am curious as to what caused Skeans to crash into the other car.

Pit?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Amish are gay as hell. Seriously, they contribute nothing to the advancement of our race.

Aside from the occasional life-savings.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
WHAT IS WITH THESE AMISH THREADS?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

He used a phone. Cheater.

But seriously that was pretty brave on his part.
Sail upon the open skies
I was watching a documentary on Amish folk; they use phones, guys. It's not a big deal.
*reported*

spam
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
*reported*

spam

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by JimmyBanks6
*reported*

spam

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by JimmyBanks6
*reported*

spam

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by Brownerz

To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Scopic
Amish are gay as hell. Seriously, they contribute nothing to the advancement of our race.

As don't you.
Quote by JimmyBanks6
*reported*

spam

what a dick...
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good

spam.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Jul 16, 2011,
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I like that opinion you have there, where can I get one?

2nd. I'd like a link please.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Not spam, an interesting news article.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by JimmyBanks6

spam.

Don't be a dick. It's not spam, it's a legitimate news article.

OT: Just yesterday i went to a store run by some Amish to pick up some snacks, such nice people.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by SKArface McDank
2nd. I'd like a link please.

I believe it's in suppository form, which would explain a few things...
Are these amish threads similar to that other user who kept posting about pedophiles?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Scopic

Go to hell, philistine.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by vagelier
I don't really see the relevance of them being amish.

Yeah it's the same as anyone else saving their life.
Quote by Scopic

That's absolute ignorance. They also take nothing from us to begin with. Hell, Amish farmers, all they do is contribute and never take and waste energy or technology.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I believe it's in suppository form, which would explain a few things...

I'm agreeing with you right now, but you're one to talk about getting butthurt lol.
Threads about Amish people need to fuck off.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by blake1221
I'm agreeing with you right now, but you're one to talk about getting butthurt lol.

Everyone has their off days, where they just wanna argue.
I think we're in need of an Official Amish Thread. I'm not trying to downplay his actions since he saved someone's life after all, but I'm pretty sure anyone would have helped in that situtation; him being Amish probably had nothing to do with it.
sunbather is shit
Quit making so many Amish threads. I live in Amish country and there's really nothing interesting about them. People come here from all over the country to see the Amish and it's just weird.
Quote by daytripper75
Quit making so many Amish threads. I live in Amish country and there's really nothing interesting about them. People come here from all over the country to see the Amish and it's just weird.

I think they're interesting... Just my opinion though.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Mennonites>the amish.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
has anybody else licked an amish guy? it was weird, but really enlightening
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
has anybody else licked an amish guy? it was weird, but really enlightening

Betwixt the corn in summer days,
when I was young as heart,
I saw the leaves around me stir,
and slowly lean apart.
An Amish man of thirty-five,
appeared and neared my frame
I licked him on the forehead high,
and shouted sacred names.
Quote by Cap'n Braid
Betwixt the corn in summer days,
when I was young as heart,
I saw the leaves around me stir,
and slowly lean apart.
An Amish man of thirty-five,
appeared and neared my frame
I licked him on the forehead high,
and shouted sacred names.

Quote by ErikLensherr