Hi all, I'm totally new to this forum, I have a question about my humbuckers. I have an H-H configured (2 four wire humbuckers) Jackson guitar on a 3 way blade selector switch, 1 vol 1 tone. I am told I can coil-split one or both of these to give me a "single coil" mode using push-pull type potentiometers. My neck pickup is a 9.6kOhm and my bridge a 16kOhm. Which one should I think about splitting? Or both? Any help is appreciated guys. And any shove in the direction of wiring diagrams too! Thanks.
Quote by blackNchrome
Hi all, I'm totally new to this forum, I have a question about my humbuckers. I have an H-H configured (2 four wire humbuckers) Jackson guitar on a 3 way blade selector switch, 1 vol 1 tone. I am told I can coil-split one or both of these to give me a "single coil" mode using push-pull type potentiometers. My neck pickup is a 9.6kOhm and my bridge a 16kOhm. Which one should I think about splitting? Or both? Any help is appreciated guys. And any shove in the direction of wiring diagrams too! Thanks.

I say do both. It can't huty. This way you can see which position you like the best!

Also setting up a coil split isn't too diffucult. There should be 2 wires that are wrapped together that arn't connected to anything. Unwrap them and get a 2 way switch. Then solder them to the right positions.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Last edited by Jarrodthebobo at Jul 16, 2011,