Last night I was driving around town with a case of beer, trying to keep myself occupied. Took a bunch of backroads, exploring the areas really, and every so often just pulling over and mulling over a drink for a bit. Anyway, part way through my adventure (around 11pm), I found myself near the city cemetery and thought, "I haven't had a drink in a bit, this is as good a place as any I guess." So i took the turnoff and proceeded down the road a bit, before parking the car. I've never really had a history of supernatural/unnatural experiences, so I didn't think much of it at the time, but the moment I took that turnoff, something in the air changed, and the interior of the car started feeling a bit tense, almost foreboding. Upon turning off the car, the moment I reached for the handle on the door to let myself out, that foreboding turned into a full-on bone chilling sensation, uncontrollable shivering and an intense desire to leave the area. I don't know what it was, but it genuinely felt like something was telling my body that I wasn't supposed to be there. I took heed and left the area, and as soon as I had I began to feel better again.

Now, within the last couple months I've become pretty close friends with a girl who HAS experienced some curious events in her past, some potentially explainable, some not so much. I imagine it is possible that my subconscious was delving into those memories of hers and letting it overcome my conscious self, telling me these things may exist and not to try testing it. Really I have no clue though, this level of discomfort was something i've never experienced in the past.

So... how about you, pit? How do you feel about cemeteries? Any weird experiences? Or do you have no problem with them, and scoff at those who believe in the supernatural?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
they are creepy because lots of dead people below you but no i dont worry about supernatural because there aren't any supernatural.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
well im sure you were driving there thinking something like this might happen..

I dont get it, If people believe in ghosts, then how would it make sense that theyre just hanging out at a cemetary? Who needs a body if youre a poltergeist?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
It was dark and you were in a scary place with lots of dead peoples' bodies, so feeling creeped out and misinterpreting it is quite likely?
Quote by SKArface McDank
well im sure you were driving there thinking something like this might happen..

I dont get it, If people believe in ghosts, then how would it make sense that theyre just hanging out at a cemetary? Who needs a body if youre a poltergeist?

Exactly! Hell, if I were a ghost I'd be kickin' back in a music venue or a recording studio or something, occasionally visiting a luxury apartment somewhere.
You were drinking and driving...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I live in the town that's considered to be the most haunted in the world, according to the Travel channel. I have never experienced anything paranormal in the ~15 years that I've lived here.
Quote by Kensai
You were drinking and driving...?

I'm amazed it took this long for someone to notice this. Officially, yes. But at one beer every 45 mins or so, it's unlikely I got at all past the legal limit. Not that that's an excuse.

And to Skarface, I did end up there, but it wasn't a conscious decision to go to the cemetery until I saw the road leading to it and realized exactly where I was. I traversed across nearly the entire north shore over the course of the night, starting at one side and working my way across.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Last edited by guns for hire at Jul 16, 2011,
i mow the grass at the cemetery where i live, nothing freaky ever happens though.
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Drinking and driving

It's possible that just you knowing it was a cemetery triggered those feelings. At the same time though. I don't know. Seeing things like A Haunting make me wonder about paranormal activity. I know it's a TV show so of course they overdramatize the allegedly true events, but still.
Besides once having Another One Bites The Dust start playing when I drove into a cemetery one day with my dad, no. You're just crazy TS.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
one time, i was in a graveyard with my sister. we were delivering flowers to our father's grave. it really is a hassle. we go every year to "remember him" for mother. she stays home, while we make the trip. my sister tries to tell me that it only takes five minutes, but i remind her that it make take five minutes to place the flowers, but it takes three hours of driving each way.

now, there was this one time when i jumped out from behind a tombstone and scared my sister silly. my grandpa got real mad at me. she's always had a fear of graveyards. so i started teasing her. i told her that they're coming to get her.

then, i saw this strange man limping along, so i told my sister that he's one of them. she got mad and said he could hear me, so she went to apologize. but then he attacked her! he grabbed her and starting trying to choke her, so i went over and we wrestled a little, but then i fell and banged my head on a tombstone and everything went black...

true story. it really happened. why don't you believe me?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It was the ghosts telling you to stop drinking and driving, guess you didn't get the hint.

They were warning him so he wouldn't become one of them.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by avanish11
I live in the town that's considered to be the most haunted in the world, according to the Travel channel. I have never experienced anything paranormal in the ~15 years that I've lived here.

You live in New Orleans?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Kutless Rocker
They were warning him so he wouldn't become one of them.

i think they were more concerned about innocent people that could have been hurt.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
one time, i was in a graveyard with my sister. we were delivering flowers to our father's grave. it really is a hassle. we go every year to "remember him" for mother. she stays home, while we make the trip. my sister tries to tell me that it only takes five minutes, but i remind her that it make take five minutes to place the flowers, but it takes three hours of driving each way.

now, there was this one time when i jumped out from behind a tombstone and scared my sister silly. my grandpa got real mad at me. she's always had a fear of graveyards. so i started teasing her. i told her that they're coming to get her.

then, i saw this strange man limping along, so i told my sister that he's one of them. she got mad and said he could hear me, so she went to apologize. but then he attacked her! he grabbed her and starting trying to choke her, so i went over and we wrestled a little, but then i fell and banged my head on a tombstone and everything went black...

DUDE DID SHE DEAD!
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
DUDE DID SHE DEAD!

click on the link and find out for yourself.
Quote by guns for hire
I'm amazed it took this long for someone to notice this. Officially, yes. But at one beer every 45 mins or so, it's unlikely I got at all past the legal limit. Not that that's an excuse.

And to Skarface, I did end up there, but it wasn't a conscious decision to go to the cemetery until I saw the road leading to it and realized exactly where I was. I traversed across nearly the entire north shore over the course of the night, starting at one side and working my way across.

Surely you must have been close to the legal limit since they lowered it very recently.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Quote by LostLegion
and past the cemetery gates...

Cemetery Gates > Cemetery Gates

though i like that song. that and Floods are the only Pantera songs i like though.
Quote by theogonia777
click on the link and find out for yourself.

I don't trust links!
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
one time, i was walking near a cemetery, and i was like this night, walk the dead in the solitary style and crash the cemetery gates in the dress your husband hates, way down, mark the grave, where the searchlights find you drinking b-hay-y the museleum door, and they found you on the bathroom floor.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Metallicuh
I don't trust links!

your loss.

Quote by ethan_hanus
Of course, we have to think about the trees, the trees are very important.

trees are people too, you know.
That sensation telling you to leave the dark and spooky graveyard at 11pm? We call that 'fear'.
When I'm at a cemetery, it just feels peaceful there. It's not really scary, there's just a quiet, peaceful feeling.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
You live in New Orleans?

Nah, Gettysburg. Battle of Gettysburg. Shit-tons of people died in 3 days.
I have yet to find a decent cemetary with all the crosses and such. We dont even have tombstones
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by theogonia777