███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mazzakazza
70 hour weeks. Welcome to the jungle baby.

But this thread is pretty shitty, just get on with it. They're paying you, so you can buy things you like. Like guitars.

Its just the pit. Relax.

...and nah more like car insurance....
Think of the moolah.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Hahaha yeah its been alright just no time to spend it. the next guitar center for me is like 45 mins away...
Quote by redandwhite12
Be happy you have one. I applied for like 17 this summer and got turned down on all of them.

That sucks. You must be pretty awful...
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
Quote by Mazzakazza

But this thread is pretty shitty, just get on with it. They're paying you, so you can buy things you like. Like guitars.

Yeah, but what's the point if you work all the time?

That's why I don't feel like working... and I hate the thought of being stuck in a job, bah. It's my life, I should be able to do what I want >____>
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by Mazzakazza

This x121239080234.
TS, consider yourself lucky you've actually got a job, even if you do hate it. Some of us are really struggling to find work. We hate it when we have it, and we hate it when we don't have it because we don't get money. There isn't a way you can win, mate.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jul 16, 2011,
Quote by OptionParalysis
80 hours of work in the last ten days

God work sucks!

But someone must have worse problems with work

I'm long term unemployed (though in August I should *cross fingers* have a job at the university in town doing janitor work)

and from that experience, i say:

**** you.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Alright....well I work in a warehouse, like 100 degrees in there. Yeah its no steel mill or anything but it sucks.

Didn't mean to offend the unemployed.
yep, the real world sucks.

im required by my job to work 48 hours a week. it usually works out to 4, 12 hour days and 1 half day with 2 days off. which doesnt sound too awfully bad, but until i get my first promotion my position entails a lot of heavy physical labor. after doing physical labor for 12 hours you get home tired and sore, make dinner, watch some tv for 2 hours, and then its time for bed. then get up at 5am the next morning to do it all again. i have no personal life during my work week.

it sucks monkey nuts, but after 6 months of unemployment post college graduation im just happy to have a job.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
12hr shifts mon-fri (7pm-7am), weekend duty, and then 7pm-7am this week again... Even worse? I never actually get out at my 12hr mark. Luckily for me i got sent home today since they didn't actually need me at work.

I never thought i'd hate jets so much.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by OptionParalysis
Alright....well I work in a warehouse, like 100 degrees in there. Yeah its no steel mill or anything but it sucks.

Didn't mean to offend the unemployed.

I was in a warehouse before they cut back labour by 50%. I ****ing hated it while I was there, but a few months before that, they did a smaller lay off. My best friend was caught in that one and I watched him slide into alcoholism. From that point, my mood on it changed. I was still angry, but it was a different kind of anger, and I made sure I was a model employee so that the other workers would respect me when I rambled on the real causes of the recession and where it was going to go. A productive anger.

Now, I miss that job, and hearing people bitch about theirs fills me with about a second's worth of rage towards them. Then I remember that their situation makes it hard to understand the other side of life.

Maybe you should quit, if you really don't like it. At least then your negativity will have some basis in experience.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by OptionParalysis
80 hours of work in the last ten days

God work sucks!

But someone must have worse problems with work

40 hours of time and a half sounds quite nice (unless you have more than one job)
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by gsd65
That's an average of 8 hours a day...you know, the kind that mostly everyone works.

40 hours a week is 8 hours a day, five days a week. 8 hours a day seven days a week would be 56. You did math wrong. He's basically working double of everyone else in the world right now.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
That's an 8 hour work day you goddamn pussy!

I've worked more than 40 hours in 2 days before. Suck it up.
My God, it's full of stars!
don't we all...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
40 hours a week, flipping burgers, hanging with friends, and free food.

Five Guys rules
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
My job last summer took a lot out of me. I worked in a restaurant for 40 hours a week (which was the legal limit for a 17 year old). The work itself was easy enough most of the time, but everything had to be done very fast and in a hurry with no time to relax. 5 8 hour days a week.

After 2 months I hated the place with a passion. The manager was a ****ing wanker and so were all the top guys. They treated everyone else like ****ing insects.

I was happy with the money though, even if I was only earning €6 an hour, it was better than nothing. Work sucks, that's a fact of life. I haven't got a job yet this summer because I've finished school and I have a good bit in the bank, but I will eventually have to get another job. Which sucks.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht