Hi, I just bought my first guitar on ebay: Epiphone Special II ... paid $107 for it shipped with a hardshell case.. not sure how well I did but what would be a good starter amp for this baby? I'm fairly new at guitar (my first electric) so I'm not a shredder but I can play the riff part of "seek and destroy". Any suggestions?
Peavey Vypyr or Vox VT series. Great starter amps with good modelling for the money.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
I would recommend the Fender Frontman 15R. It has two channels and even includes reverb. The clean channel is decent, and the distorted channel is really good for an amp of its class.
Quote by Slash_is_a_God
Peavey Vypyr or Vox VT series. Great starter amps with good modelling for the money.

Basically this, but I'd recommend a Roland Cube, too. Along with an excellent clean channel you'll get all the effects you need for starters.
I don't have a signature
The Roland cube is a great starter amp and sounds great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
A 15W? 30W Roland Cube? What about prices (I probably won't buy new) and will probably buy on eBay.
I'd get the 30x because of the built in effects, the tuner, and more amp models.
Quote by wite_rabit
How does this look? Roland Cube 30x

What about the 40xl? How much can you find that used? If the 40xl is too expensive, then the 30x would be fine.
Quote by kutless999
I'd get the 30x because of the built in effects, the tuner, and more amp models.

+1

if you can't stretch to the 30 or 40 i'd consider one of the other brands, like the vox valvetronix or peavey vypyr, as their lower wattage, cheaper models still have a fair few features and amp models.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?