so i've been having this trouble with setting up my MIDI keyboard: I don't know how to do it.

i'm running Apple Logic Express 9 and i've got a MIDI to USB cable. i've also got a line 6 pod xt which i've heard can be used as a MIDI controller. if anyone knows how i can set up, or if anyone could point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks!
I haven't used that DAW before but I know you have to configure the hardware in the program to use it. You would probably get more advice from the recording forum
This must be midi keyboard setup day because I'm doing the same thing. What problems are you having specifically?
Quote by sidvicious182
i'm running Apple Logic Express 9 and i've got a MIDI to USB cable.

so, you have a keyboard and are a running a midi to usb converter to attach it to your computer? what keyboard is it?

i never run the converter for midi to usb, i have always had a usb plug on my midi keyboard so i can hook that direct into the computer. after that logic will automatically detect it and ask if you wanna use that device. else you can go to your audio preferences and assign it specific tasks. if you have a usb plug on that thing i'd try to do the same. also see if it recognizes the keyboard as a device in your audio options.

Quote by sidvicious182
i've also got a line 6 pod xt which i've heard can be used as a MIDI controller. if anyone knows how i can set up, or if anyone could point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks!

dunno how you'd use that as a midi controller, though there may be some way. i am more aware of those things being midi controllable.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Don't know that DAW but start by creating a MIDI track, set the channel to omni and see if any MIDI data is being received on that track when you hit some keys on the keyboard. You have have to tell it what device is receiving the MIDI data on.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification