I'm learning Was It Worth It? by Children of Bodom from a tab in Total Guitar. My problem is that it's in 12/8 time. I set my metronome to play in 12/8 but I can't understand how to play in it. Can anyone help me?

The riff I'm trying to play is there.

---------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------|-------------7-----------------------|
--0-------7s--5--7---------------------|--0-------------6--5-----------------|
--0-------5s--3--5--------8---------7--|--0-------5-----------8--------4--8--|
--0----0------------0--0-----7--10-----|--0----0-----------------7--8--------|

Thanks in advance.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by lfcagger
I'm learning Was It Worth It? by Children of Bodom from a tab in Total Guitar. My problem is that it's in 12/8 time. I set my metronome to play in 12/8 but I can't understand how to play in it. Can anyone help me?

The riff I'm trying to play is there.

---------------------------------------|-------------7-----------------------|
--0-------7s--5--7---------------------|--0-------------6--5-----------------|
--0-------5s--3--5--------8---------7--|--0-------5-----------8--------4--8--|
--0----0------------0--0-----7--10-----|--0----0-----------------7--8--------|

Thanks in advance.

Count it in two really fast, 123456, 789 10 11 12, with each one getting a beat. It's ridiculous, but you'll get used to it eventually.
I'd recommend you get guitarpro or powertab or tuxguitar and download a tab with that program. That way you can hear the bits being played and can get a more consistent feel for how it's played.
An 8th note rhythm like that can also be thought of as being in 4/4 with 8th note triplets.

I would count one bar as '1 + a 2 + a 3 + a 4 + a'
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I love improv in 12/8 but I hate having to learn how to play something in 12/8 and 6/8
Quote by irongoat666
An 8th note rhythm like that can also be thought of as being in 4/4 with 8th note triplets.

I would count one bar as '1 + a 2 + a 3 + a 4 + a'

This is how I count it too.
I just consider it 4/4 counted in triplets.
I know how to play the part you gave the tab for. It's really easy, just listen to the song and you should get it. I don't really deem the metronome necessary for this.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Quote by Smaratelj
I know how to play the part you gave the tab for. It's really easy, just listen to the song and you should get it. I don't really deem the metronome necessary for this.

It's not the riff that's hard, it's just that I have a policy of learning every song I try to a metronome so my timing's perfect when I play it. I prefer to be able to get it absolutely right than BS through it sloppily. I did get it on Tux Guitar though, and that's helped.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube