Page 1 of 2
How prejudice do you feel you are towards other forms of music? For example a lot of people consider Bossa Nova to be 'Elevator Music', but Carlos Jobim and Gilberto wrote some beautiful music. A lot of people dont like rap, because of a lot of the gangsta crap, but De La Soul and the Roots wrote amazing stuff.
i hate most folky stuff.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
How prejudice do you feel you are towards other forms of music? For example a lot of people consider Bossa Nova to be 'Elevator Music', but Carlos Jobim and Gilberto wrote some beautiful music. A lot of people dont like rap, because of a lot of the gangsta crap, but De La Soul and the Roots wrote amazing stuff.

I like things that people describe as 'elevator music', it's nice because it can be interesting but can also make ignorable background music if you're doing something.
I hate everyone who isn't like me.

Oh, music.

Not very, I give everything a fair shot. There's good and bad to be had in most genres.
I don't really like the new breed of Lil Wayne-esque overproduced hip-hop & R&B. I don't really like Ibiza kind of trance. Other than I'm pretty much alright with everything.

EDIT: Oh and smooth jazz. I ****ing can't stand smooth jazz.
modern "country"

it sucks
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I'll listen to most stuff as long as it isn't soul-less Top 40 crap. Except country or some rap, just can't ever get into it. And I don't really want to either.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
I'll listen to anything and give it a shot, but I'm really picky about artists in every genre
I'm generally inclined to not like country, but that's rooted in the fact that it was always shoved in my face due to where I live . I do enjoy a few songs, though.

And I dislike the majority of pop music. There are a few songs out there that I like. I like Katy Perry, Maroon 5, and Enrique Iglesias the most out of all of them.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
If i listen to something and i like it, ill listen to it, if i dont, i dont.

Not to say im not prejudice towards some forms of music, i will stray away from some genres but if i like something and i find out its part of a certain genre i wont not listen to it because of that reason.
i try to give everything a shot

theres things i dont like but at least i gave them a shot and have a better reason for not liking it besides"it sucks"
I hate Skrillex
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I don't hate different genres. More than likely there will be a song in that genre that I like.
good tunes are good tunes despite the category.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Jul 16, 2011,
Quote by ErikLensherr
I hate Skrillex

thank you!
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by michal23
I don't really like the new breed of Lil Wayne-esque overproduced hip-hop & R&B. I don't really like Ibiza kind of trance. Other than I'm pretty much alright with everything.

EDIT: Oh and smooth jazz. I ****ing can't stand smooth jazz.

NO ONE likes smooth jazz.
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
3 chords 1 guy.

Other than that, I give everything a fair shot, but because I'm picky, I don't like most of it.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I'm not really prejudiced against any forms of music, but very very little of it actually appeals to me. I'll listen to anything if someone recommends it, but it's rare that I will like it and want to hear it again.
"Prejudice" is an unreasoned dislike or hatred of something based on pre-conceived notions.

If you say you hate "folk" music without ever actually listening to the huge variety of stuff that falls under that category, then you might consider yourself prejudiced. However, if after listening to hours of Woody Guthrie and The Weavers you can say "gee, that stuff really annoys me".... Then you've made a decision based on your individual tastes, which is quite different.
That being said, an awful lot of people reject an awful lot of music without seriously giving it a listen. "If it ain't metal it ain't no good!"
That sort of attitude.
I'm older than most on the board, and have a very wide background musically; I like a great deal of different types.
On the other hand, I have very specific dislikes.....
I'm pretty accepting of everything. I really don't make assumptions based on genre or anything. If I don't like a band, then that's the end of that. Though a few years back, I was a classic rock elitist. I told everyone else that their music sounded like complete shit.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I hate metal just because of the idiots that I know that listen to metal.

"Oh yeah, that band is death-core"
"No man, they're progressive sludge-core"
"Dude, everyone knows they're Melodic jazz-core"
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

I know how you're feeling

I don't really know why metalheads have that thing that everything should be catagorized very specifically. Lately, I have stopped doing it and just listened to good metal and bad metal for me; a lot easier.

So, I have nothing against anything unless it's "artists" who are like this: "Nah, I don't write it myself. I don't play it myself and I can't really put any soul in it because I have not written it myself." Cannot stand that shit.
LOOK!

At the post above this signature

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Anything with core is not metal, end of discussion. And yes, that does get quite annoying, but let's face it: death metal sounds NOTHING like power metal sounds nothing like sludge metal, etc.

Also, country (while the genre has many KILLER guitarists, I can't get into it because frankly the songs suck IMO), indie, britpop, hair metal, etc.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I hate metal because some kinda loud, grunt-y backyard show just started in an adjacent yard and it's scaring my dog.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I've never really liked any form of country music, and the new hardcore/screamo bands annoy me a bit, but other than that, I do like most other music.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
I hate everything because it can never compare to metal, which is technically superior and anyone who doesn't feel the same way should be brutally murdered and I complain about rap and country lyrics even though all my lyrics are about disembowling sheep
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
How prejudice do you feel you are towards other forms of music?

I thought this was going to be about general prejudice, in which case I would have said a lot. However, to your specific question, I have to answer basically none at all. I am fully capable of appreciating music in which I have no personal interest or liking, as long as its validity as art can be explained to me.
I was playing Bossa Nova-ish music and I was told to stop playing elevator music. I didn't realise it was compared to elevator music so much.

I'm not that prejudiced, I give everything a chance. However, if I am recommended metal I will sometimes assume I won't like it.

I also hate modern "country", Keith Urban and a few others excluded. I'll still give it a chance though.
I hate all kinds of music. I only just found out because I realised I spend more time bitching about it on the internet than listening to it.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

I always thought a lot of non-gangsta rappers sounded pretentious and boring. I prefer Tupac and Biggie over those guys you mentioned any day.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
I have never heard of the musicians in your original post
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
I hate dubstep and all the stuff chavs listen to. Like house techno or whatever the **** it is where it's just a load of noise with a woman singing cliché shit over it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

As long as I'm not in a bad mood, I'll find good in most everything. But when I'm in a bad mood, you best be playing some good shit.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
As long as I'm not in a bad mood, I'll find good in most everything. But when I'm in a bad mood, you best be playing some good shit.

Same with me
Metal. I God damn hate metal and the culture behind it. Why are there so many reactionary metal bands? I've always been curious. Like, that Burzum guy is a neo-Nazi or something.
Page 1 of 2