Hey all, an orange tiny terror caught my eye yesterday and I fell in love. I was thinking about trading in my old Epi LP custom and my mxr equalizer because I don't use them much anymore.

Now for the questions... I have a Traynor YCV50blue. Can I change the impedence and plug my tiny terror into my traynor combo's speaker? If I can, how difficult/quick is it to do that?

Also, I play my strat now and I know the TT is only a 15w amp, but could I obtain a decent clean tone and still mix in well with a drummer and another guitarist? Even if I roll my volume knob on my guitar down?

Thanks a bunch everyone! Any help would be sweet
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
is your traynor's speaker hardwired into the amp, or is it on a jack? if it's on a jack (assuming the jack is on a long enough lead) then it's very easy, merely unplug the jack coming from the speaker and plug it into the extension speaker jack on the TT, and set the impedance so it matches the impedance of the speaker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unfortunately my ycv50blue is in a town a ways away and I won't be able to pick it up after I buy the TT (if i buy it anyway) so I can't check if the speaker is hardwired or jacked... but there are youtube videos (such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLLR2VuCEyY ) of people playing their ycv50's with extension cabs too. So that means the speaker is jacked right? Thanks again, really helps me out.
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
not necessarily.... or at least i'm not sure.

maybe look up the traynor website for the manual? if you're lucky it might tell you there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No, you absolutely can no dial in a clear and clean tone with a strat (or any guitar) and still be hear over a drummer/bassist. It just won't happen. Even when you do get a clean, it won't be as good as your Traynor.

That said, nobody buys a TT for its cleans. But the TT, it'll be better for you in the long run than an Epi LP and an EQ pedal. Even it if just collects dust until you can afford a proper cabinet, you should buy it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite