I'm just wondering if a Marshall 1936 cab would be much of an upgrade from my Harley Benton G212V? The Harley Benton has Vintage 30s and the Marshall has G12T-75s but I could always switch the speakers.
So if you would switch the speakers.. It wouldn't be much of an upgrade then. Perhaps better build quality and woods, but nothing else would change then.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
So if you would switch the speakers.. It wouldn't be much of an upgrade then. Perhaps better build quality and woods, but nothing else would change then.

So it wouldn't really be an upgrade if I didn't switch the speakers either?
So you don't think the wood/build quality in the Marshall cabinet would change much? I mean some mesa cabs and orange cabs have vintage 30s but I'm sure they would sound far better than my Harley Benton with vintage 30s.

Quote by jose1216
a marshall 1960av/bv cab has vintage 30s in it

I'm not really looking for a 4x12.
Last edited by circlethesky at Jul 16, 2011,
i would say take your head and try it out with the mesa or orange cab you are looking for and see what happens.
Quote by jose1216
i would say take your head and try it out with the mesa or orange cab you are looking for and see what happens.

I was asking about the Marshall 1936 though because they're not that expensive to buyused. I'd love to do that but I live in Northern Ireland and I don't know anywhere that stocks those locally.