Have you ever had that pick that sparks inspiration and it convinces you that it makes you play better? For me it use to be a Jazz 3 pick but lately I pick up a Clayton Pick. It is a little thin but it gave me a different tone and feel. I am going get a thicker Clayton pick Monday. What your guys experiences?
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Dunlop Tortex Pitch Black 1.14mm

(Invalid img)

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Nickpocalypse
inb4 pick of destiny

Damn it!

OT: I'm a huge fan of the V-Pick Snake. Stupidly expensive for a pick, but one has lasted me at least 3 years now, and it sounds and feels amazing.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
i've tried tons of different picks, but never was there a pick that was a match for the jazz 3, its just that good. its comfortable, the grip is good, and best of all they NEVER wear out
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
I dont have a preference in picks, nor do they "inspire" me. I make them all work for me in different ways, but i wouldnt call it my source of inspiration.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by kaosxrocker
Damn it!

OT: I'm a huge fan of the V-Pick Snake. Stupidly expensive for a pick, but one has lasted me at least 3 years now, and it sounds and feels amazing.

... ok you can have ONE if you like.

:3
I caught one of Michael Amott's picks at a gig a few years ago. I've only used it a dozen or so times, but I always seem to come up with cool riffs when using it.
I like 0.96mm nylon picks.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I actually do use a plastic PoD and I play better with it because of the shape.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
I get that feeling whenever I use a brand new .60mm Dunlop Tortex or Ultex

stratkat
funny i just tried a jazz 3 with the grip on it today...makes me play better due to non slippage. might try an ultex or something with a less plastic feel and slightly more flexible
I have two options:

If its something heavy or it needs a lot of "attack" I use a coin.

If its anything else I will just use any pic usually. Im not sure about the size of the main pic (which happens to be an oasis one). but its not very flimsy, its quiet hard but not too hard...

---

A lot of the time in my recordings I will use my pic for the main stuff, but then if I am recording a chorus or something which rips the sh*t out of power chords, ill swap to a coin. Im not sure if its because I play on my stratocaster usually, but its defiantly gives a different sound! (Not sure if its cos of the coin material itself, or just because its easier to beat the crap out of your strings)
Curses! POD already done multiple times.

Apart from that, I have a blue sharkfin pick somewhere that I always use when I droptune below drop C. I just know I'm gonna write a metal riff with it. I think its Tortex but I'm not sure as its in a different country atm

No looked it up apparently the brand is actually called Sharkfin
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
i was there, with my stick
until a guy came upon me, the dick
and he told me 'hey, prick!
why don't you try this pick?'

and so i continued to try
what i felt was remittent of a pig sty
until my eye
lay upon the sky
as my first struck chord made me fucking cry
so much that i wanted to die

and then i realized
the pick, that shit is mealized
into the dicks that penalized
my dick into a smeegol sized
motherfucking pick mustn't die
as it must only lie

within the hands of the proud to cry,
and the father of my
motherfucking pick in my
loathsome guitar and i
want to die when i
look into the mirror with my
pick of magnificence when i
remember why

the only time i cry
is when i have the pick of my
fucking life in thy
name of heavens and i
love thy pick so i
must depart so i
can derail in thy
name is smithen when i
pull my pick and i
love my life and i
must depart with my

lovely sonnet with my

pick of true deny
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I had a pick not too long ago that I felt let me play better. It was white and had a blue, sandpaper-like grip on it. I have no idea what happened to it, or any of my other picks for that matter. I've been playing with a nickle for weeks .

Edit: Nevermind the part about losing all my picks. As soon as I posted that, some things fell off my desk and two picks were in the pile on the floor. lol.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Jul 16, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
i was there, with my stick
until a guy came upon me, the dick
and he told me 'hey, prick!
why don't you try this pick?'

and so i continued to try
what i felt was remittent of a pig sty
until my eye
lay upon the sky
as my first struck chord made me fucking cry
so much that i wanted to die

and then i realized
the pick, that shit is mealized
into the dicks that penalized
my dick into a smeegol sized
motherfucking pick mustn't die
as it must only lie

within the hands of the proud to cry,
and the father of my
motherfucking pick in my
loathsome guitar and i
want to die when i
look into the mirror with my
pick of magnificence when i
remember why

the only time i cry
is when i have the pick of my
fucking life in thy
name of heavens and i
love thy pick so i
must depart so i
can derail in thy
name is smithen when i
pull my pick and i
love my life and i
must depart with my

lovely sonnet with my

pick of true deny

... That was... inspiring. Thank you.
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Pantera pick makes me play better, I am no guitar player but when I hold the Pantera pick I am better
.73 Ultex.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Anyone tried custom picks from Clayton? Are they worth the money?
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by matt360
i've tried tons of different picks, but never was there a pick that was a match for the jazz 3, its just that good. its comfortable, the grip is good, and best of all they NEVER wear out

It's true. Best. pick. ever.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I had a magic pick once. For Christmas last year, someone got me a little bag with a few different picks. One of them felt so good, and I have no idea why. I didn't look particularly different to any kind of pick I have used in the past, but it just felt right. It seemed to be made of the same material I was used to, but there must have been something different about it, because it felt different even though it seemed to look to me like a standard pick. Then I lost it and I can't buy any more because I have no idea what brand or model it was. I'm sure I'd recognise it if I saw one again, but I haven't had any luck. All I know is that it was green and see-through.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Jul 16, 2011,
1.2mm no name pick.....

I've had it for years and its covered in teeth marks and scratches, but I feel really comfortable using it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I have a heavy wedgie to pick.

I mean I have a heavy wedge pick that I use for acoustic playing, and Jazz III's ultra grip for electric.
BLANKBLANK
the Jazz 3 makes me pick so much better, though it's slightly smaller than I'd prefer.

Takayoshi Ohmura's pick (Marty Friedman's rhythm guitarist) is slightly bigger same build picks amazing!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
a friend and i went to Washington dc and stopped in Arlington to visit his aunt and uncle and eat some lunch. his uncle had a classic martin dreadnought and a real turtle shell pick. it was rough and uneven; everything i played sound like i was awesome. i dont know if it was the few beers i had, or the lack of sleep, or the delicious lunch, or the buzz of the congo habeneros i ate but everything i played sounded perfect.