Before I say anything, I'd like to apologize in advance for this disgustingly nooby post.

Now I'm looking for a pedal with a rocker like a wah or volume pedal, except the pedal controls the tone in a different way. If you have ever used an Electro Harmonix Micro Synth, I want the pedal to be able to control the tone the same way the "filter sweep" settings do, except with a rocker rather than an automatic sweep.

If you think of the song "Pursuit of Happiness" by Kid Cudi, I'm I want to be able to get the same sound as the synth at the beginning by rocking the pedal forward with each note. Sorry to bring Scotty into this but this post was already over the edge in terms of noobiness so wotthehell.

So does this pedal exist? If not is it easy to mod an existing pedal to produce this effect?

Not a troll.

Thanks for reading.

Sorry again,
Luigidorf
I know what he's talking about. And don't feel bad about bringing the CuDi into this, he's a brilliant man. I'm thinking what you're looking for is a unique type of wah pedal, that's the closest thing I feel it sounds like.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
in pursuit of happiness, it sounds like a synth pedal, like a electro harmonix pog2, and also a wah. You could get a EH hog, i know those can be controlled by an expression pedal
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

You can probably do it with a filter that allows for an expression pedal. Line 6 fm4.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by hendrixism
whammy pedal? different from a wah pedal.
kind of like this song at around 0:55 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f4O-0BH8kc

In that song I don't think its a wah style pedal because all the oscillations in sound are the same.

Quote by kingbabyduck
in pursuit of happiness, it sounds like a synth pedal, like a electro harmonix pog2, and also a wah. You could get a EH hog, i know those can be controlled by an expression pedal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fg6KSDODVg
At 1:56 it sounds a little bit like what I'm looking for. Maybe I'll try one out.

Does filter sweep change the tone in the same way a wah pedal does? If so I could just get a synth pedal and hook up my wah but I don't think it would be quite the same.

Thanks guys!
I can say from experience that a Line 6 M9 or M13 could do this perfectly. It has different synth settings, and with an expression pedal you can control multiple settings (or just one), such as filter sweep, from heel to toe. I don't know if the FM4 could too, but it would make sense that it could.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Line 6 comes to mind. They have a few units that allow an external expression pedal to control different things. I have an HD500 and it allows me to control ANY parameter of any effect with the expression pedal.

If you're just looking for one pedal, I'd look at the M5 by Line 6. It has pretty much any effect on it but you're limited to just one effect at a time. Then there's the M9 which has 3 stomps at a time, and the M13 which lets you run 4 effects at once.