Hey, I'm looking for some advice about effects pedals. What I'd like is an inexpensive (< $250) pedal that'll let me simultaneously, say, switch off distortion while switching on delay, flange, and an octaver (or whatever other combinations), and then maybe switch to a third programmed setting in the same song.

Stuff like the Line 6 HD300 and the Digitech RP355 all seem to require more than one foot-tap for that. (It looks like the HD500 can do it with one touch, but that's more firepower than I think I really need, and more than I can afford.) I don't think I really need fancy amp modeling (or any amp modeling, actually); I'm just looking for some simple effects with an easy-to-use onstage interface, because these days I'm trying to play and sing and that's more than enough for my tender li'l brain to do at the same time.

I used to have a cheap multieffects pedal that could do exactly this, but I can't remember who made it. It didn't sound that great, but for live purposes it was fine, and it's more important to me, live, to not be fumbling around trying to hit the right combination of four pedals to get from the verse to the bridge. Does anyone know a reasonably priced pedal that could do this? Or am I missing the boat on the Line 6 and Digitech stuff?

Thanks!
Have you looked at the line 6 m series? They have a whole bunch of effects and distortions(no amp modeling).
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I used to have a BOSS ME-50, you can save some presets (any combination of Distortion, Delay, Modulation) and do that, you can change from different settings with just one foot tap.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
I have the Digitech RP-90 and I think it works pretty good. You can preprogram different effects and switch between them pretty quickly. I think it's only like $100 too.
The GNX4 can assign up to 3 parameters per control switch or expression. The can be found on eBay used for under $200. And you get an onboard midi drum machine. 8 track recorder and jamman looper. Up to 2 gig of storage.
These are all super-promising. (I'm also eyeing the Digitech RP500.) Thanks for your help!
Quote by Seanthesheep
maybe look at the TC electronic nova system? the only problem is that its 500$.

This is if you are able to stretch your budget. I love mine it simple to use and just sound amazing
You could just make two patches with the same settings, but one with the effects you want on, and then one with the opposite effects. Then just change the patch...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
An rp500 cam switch on and off up to five effects at the push of the pedals: distortion, chorus/fx, compressor, delay, and reverb can all be turned on and off at the push of the corresponding foot switch.

Here's a pic
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
An rp500 cam switch on and off up to five effects at the push of the pedals: distortion, chorus/fx, compressor, delay, and reverb can all be turned on and off at the push of the corresponding foot switch.

Here's a pic

He wants multiple effects to turn on and off with ONE push of a button. Aka: turn off delay and od but turn on chorus and reverb.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Well, the only way he could do that is if he switches presets.
Quote by kutless999
Only on the RP. The GNX4 is capable of doing it.

BTW, the OP doesn't seem to care about people answering his quesiton anyway.
Quote by kutless999

Which I already said.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12