hey so I was at a concert this friday and saw a few bands playing. To keep any predjudices out of this I am not going to say the concert name or which band it was, but one guitarist mainyl played a gibson les paul supreme, wich looked and sounded fantanstic.

but then later in their set he played 2 different LPCs and I could not notice a heavier/more agressive tone or anything that you people say that chambering takes away. they oth sounded great too, but not different than the supreme which is chambered

And right now I am saving for a high end guitar/LP which is also going to me my main gigging guitar. so Im thinking if theres not a noticable difference to the crowd, why would I kill my self with the wieght? So Im thinking I might just get the 2008 standard, but the only problem I have with it is the PCB? circuitboard inside the thing.
Ive played a few before and they felt pretty good and fairly light

but i guess my main question is: is the supposed difference in tone between a chambered and non chambered LP noticeable to an audience?
I think you answered your own question there. You're a guitarist, and you knew that one was chambered and the others weren't, and you didn't notice a difference.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
nope, thats why im asking, but like i know i didnt notice difference in that scenario, im just curious if something similar happened to you guys and can also comment on this.
i havent been to very many conerts but i was going to recommend the lp traditional its basically a standard but can coil tap
from a physics standpoint, if the guitar is chambered correctly (as a high end Gibson or LP should be) the added resonance from the chambers should counteract any loss of mass and therefore any loss of tone or sustain....

long story short, on high end guitars it shouldn't change how it sounds, except for extreme amounts of chambering. ie: hollow/semi-hollow bodies
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by jose1216
i havent been to very many conerts but i was going to recommend the lp traditional its basically a standard but can coil tap

trust me, ive played it before. its pretty good
Tonal nuances tend to be lost in a live setting. They're much more apparent during recording. A good solid Les Paul weighs as little or less than the chambered crap anyways. Most chambered Les Pauls are around 9 lbs and the solid Custom Shops are that or less.

I don't know why anyone has an issue with the PCB. It's an electrical connection FFS. The set up they use is no less reliable than what they used in years past and if it really bugs you that much a set of pots and tone caps can be had for $15.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
its not the reliabilty i have a problem with, i agree, if anything its easier to maintain. but then switching pickups is near impossible without redoing the wiring, right?
nothing is noticeable to the audience.

very few people are gonna play live with the exact same setup they record with or practice with.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by Seanthesheep
its not the reliabilty i have a problem with, i agree, if anything its easier to maintain. but then switching pickups is near impossible without redoing the wiring, right?

Not if you're half able to solder.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by AcousticMirror
nothing is noticeable to the audience.

very few people are gonna play live with the exact same setup they record with or practice with.

oh for sure but im talking about they live setups only. recordings an entire different ball game that i probably wont have to deal with for a while