I wrote this riff some time ago and two friends that I have that play the guitar both say that that is an immensly difficult and damn near impossible riff. I can't deny it, it sure looks like it. But the problem is, it sounds really good and I don't want to change a note, but will people be able to play it?

Sincerely,
Viktor Svensson
Attachments:
Difficult riff.gp5
yeahhhh... lol that looks a little difficult. but it'd be much more playable (i think) if you switched the 'A' note on the open A string to the 5th fret on the bottom E string
It's not bad, and certainly playable. I thought it would have some crazy hand stretches or something.
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
I'd say that part with 32nd notes is pretty much impossible unless you are one of the fastest guitars on the planet. I think you could think of something else there, because it's so fast listeners can't really tell what's going on.
Quote by Aris_
I'd say that part with 32nd notes is pretty much impossible unless you are one of the fastest guitars on the planet. I think you could think of something else there, because it's so fast listeners can't really tell what's going on.

this.
i think when it goes to 32nd notes it sounds the coolest but its a cool riff youshould keep expanding on it
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
It's not easy, but it's playable.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Good riff it's definitely playable, just practice it for hours if you need to. It's really worth learning keep up the writing
Yeah, it sounds really cool, and it's definitely playable with a little practice!

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by Aris_

I'm gonna call you out on that, there is nothing impossible about the riff being discussed

@bar 3, the 320 part can be played as legato to simplify the picking hand, the 2-1-3-1 can be played w/ slides.

I don't get why some people think some riffs/ideas are impossible to play, you have to look at things practically and not note-for-note replication, start dissecting any riff and you'll find it can be played (I'm talking within the realm of possibility, not some ridiculous wankery on the guitar).

Now whether or not this riff is practical, that's up for debate.

The hardest part about this riff is that 4th (G#) fret on the 6th string, that would give me troubles too but I have a friend called metronome.
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."