I see alot of bigger guitarists doing this but I dont. I currently anchor my hand on the bridge. That's it though. Anyway could anyone guide me to a complete tuturiol for the picking strumming hand? Also anchor my pinky is a bit awkward will speed come in time? Or am I wrong all together?
You shouldn't be anchoring anything at all, though your palm should touch the strings below (in pitch) the one you're playing to mute unwanted string noise.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
the reason most guitarists do that is for stability in the picking hand and for comfort. It usually is awkward in the beginning, but over time you will get used to it.

As for speed, that all will come in time, because all speed is really is muscle memory and dexterity.

Just do what is comfortable for you.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Murny
I see alot of bigger guitarists doing this but I dont. I currently anchor my hand on the bridge. That's it though. Anyway could anyone guide me to a complete tuturiol for the picking strumming hand? Also anchor my pinky is a bit awkward will speed come in time? Or am I wrong all together?

Ideally, you want to limit how much you anchor to an absolute minimum. It's easy to confuse resting your hand on the bridge and anchoring. Anchoring is when you actively push part of your hand, usually the pinkie finger, into the body of the guitar for whatever reason. The thing that makes anchoring unsafe is the tension and the pressure. If your hand naturally assumes that shape when relaxed for some reason, it isn't anchoring. There has to be tension for that to be considered anchoring.

It is not anchoring for part of your hand to rest on the guitar's body as long as there is no tension or pressure going into keeping it there. My picking hand, when completely relaxed, falls flat like a dead fish on the strings. That's just how it is most comfortable and relaxed for me to play. I haven't encountered any limitations thus far (I can cleanly employ every technique I know at or above 10 notes per second, so I'm sitting on my hands when I play). When I play on the upper strings, my spare fingers contact the body of the guitar, but I've found that it creates far more tension to lift them clear of the body at all times, which negatively impacts my picking technique.

tl;dr
It's only anchoring if there's tension and/or pressure. No tension = no anchoring. If you're completely relaxed and you're still touching part of of the guitar's body, you're fine. That's only bad if you put pressure or tension into keeping your hand touching part of the guitar.