hey there, i wanna learn more megadeth solos, atm I know only Sweating Bulelts and She Wolf.. Are there ANY easy Marty's solos? I know for A tout le monde but it has sweep pick part :<..

Or maybe a Metallica solo, I know nothing else matters and unforgiven..
symphony of destruction? if you can do sweating bulllets then why not you know?
Quote by Voodoosnake
hey there, i wanna learn more megadeth solos, atm I know only Sweating Bulelts and She Wolf.. Are there ANY easy Marty's solos? I know for A tout le monde but it has sweep pick part :<..

Basically... no. Trust and A Tout Le Monde are as easy as Friedman gets.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Voodoosnake

No such thing as an easy Friedman solo. The guy has a great sense of melody and direction, but he pulls out all the stops when he feels he has to. Consequently, there are often tasty yet easy parts in his solos followed shortly thereafter by challenging technical runs. I'm not familiar with his work with Megadeth, but think about it this way: he shared lead duties with Jason Becker in Cacaphony. That's a pretty crazy pedigree.
Yeah I know Marty's a beast.. What about Mustaine? She wolf and sweating bullets I already know, whats next?
Quote by Voodoosnake
Yeah I know Marty's a beast.

He is, but I can't watch him play. The way he picks is just to distracting and I don't know what the hell is happening and I get all confused and angry?

Why did I put a question mark there?

The world may never know....
Where's Waldo?
Heres some Deth solos that you should check out

In My Darkest Hour
Some fast alt picked + legato 16th phrases

Skin o My Teeth
Mostly 8th triplets, more alt picking and legato - easy as pie but..

Gets into some 16th runs and then theres a spot with a little bit of 3 string sweeping but if you just drop the high note down a string and tap it instead it would be way easier + look cooler

Sleepwalker
First solo is short slow and simple but sounds great

Solo 2 (Dave's) is a bit tougher, lots of relatively quick legato pulloffs and some fast runs

Solo 3 (Chris broderick's) is basically easy until the last little run, 16th note triplets in a descending pattern

Have fun
Give the solo in the heavy section of Wake up Dead a try. A little bit of harmonic minor right there!
End solo or? There are 3 solos, what you mean by heavy section, whole song is heavy
Quote by Voodoosnake
Yeah I know Marty's a beast.. What about Mustaine? She wolf and sweating bullets I already know, whats next?

Mustaine isn't really much of one for slowing down as far as I know so while his solos tend to be significantly less complicated, they're much more intense if you see what I mean. The last solo in Holy Wars... The Punishment Due is a prime example.

Quote by bitterend85
Solo 3 (Chris broderick's) is basically easy until the last little run, 16th note triplets in a descending pattern

That was Glen Drover not Chris Broderick.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Voodoosnake
End solo or? There are 3 solos, what you mean by heavy section, whole song is heavy

Slow paced section, starts somewhere around 2:40.
I don't know much for Megadeth, but for Metallica, try Fade to Black, and maybe the first little melodic solo in Master of Puppets.
I thought Wake up dead's last solo was in c minor bebop
Or dominant bebop

Meshuggah
Necrophagist
Gojira
Tool

World Wildlife Foundation is tha shiz-nit

Wolves, music, computers, football, girls, cars, money, concerts
Quote by kotorfreak666
I thought Wake up dead's last solo was in c minor bebop
Or dominant bebop

The only thing i know is that the end solo mustaine plays is in harmonic minor. The bepop stuff was by poland, mustaine would never understand such things. xD
salutation

one of the song i like the most from megadeth is ashes in your mouth!

the song got great riff and many solo.
just the first minute is very awesome to play!

cheers to all megadeth fans
Quote by Voodoosnake

If you can play Nothing else Matters and The Unforgiven, you are around the same skill level as I am (way to go mah man!). I can play Welcome Home (Sanitarium)'s first two solos, they are quite cool, Fade to Black's intro solo, and the outro solo should be easy enough to, it's just that I haven't bothered, a nice part that I also like is Master of Puppet's interlude, and the two guitar part is cool to play with other people, it's pretty basic, the chords are also pretty nice sounding, and check the Reload album, there are some parts you can play without much problem or with just 15 minutes of training. What I recommend is you pick a track and try to learn it all from start to finish. If it's too hard some part or whatever, just slow it down and learn it slowly, of course you won't be able to play everything, but KNOWING how it is supposed to be played is crucial if you want to advance your technique and skill. Otherwise you'll get stuck in the stuff that you can play, and will have a much harder time learning the stuff you can. That Petrucci's solo album, for example. It's basically all impossible to play (not all, but still). I myself can play Damage Control and Glasgow Kiss from start to finish at half its tempo, and many parts at its normal tempo. If I speed up it gets messy, but I'm getting there :3

Quote by chadreed32
He is, but I can't watch him play. The way he picks is just to distracting and I don't know what the hell is happening and I get all confused and angry?

+1
• '10 Epiphone Les Paul
• '96 Epiphone Rebel EM-1
• '10 Jackson JS32T Rhoads
• Vox Valvetronix VT20+
• Fame GTA40
• Zoom GX7.1u
• Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
• Jim Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2mm
Last edited by Tiago Sa at Aug 6, 2011,
Lol you are some lucky dude, u have ****ing Epiphone with a good AMP and im stuck on this shitty Yamaha Pacifica 112MX.. Btw I advanced alot, Hammett is piss easy. Learn minor pentatonic and ur good to go lol.