Page 1 of 3
How do you guys feel about All Stars Tour? Excited? Hate it?
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
What is this? Baseball players form bands?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I wanna see Attila, for today, and the ghost inside. emmure is an absolute joke, so os I wrestled a bear once and everyone else pretty much
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-1 Active
Schecter Damien w/ Seymour Duncan Distortions
Peavey 6505+ 112
Blackstar HT-1RC
Visual Sound Double Trouble
Line 6 M-5
no. Emmure is a joke but Attila and For Today aren't?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by asator
Who's on it?

Shit
More shit.
Shit.
Doubleshit.
Battleshit.
Born of Osiris.
Shit
Shit and the Shiites
Memphis May Shit

and on select dates:
Shit or shit.

Not that I love BOO, but they're the best band on that tour, and the only one I can even stand to listen to.

Quote by Acap0624
I wanna see Attila, for today, and the ghost inside. emmure is an absolute joke, so os I wrestled a bear once and everyone else pretty much

You wanna see a rubbish metalcore band with no song structure and lyrics about as deep as a puddle, a generic metalcore band that preaches, and a wanna be tough guy metalcore band, but Emmure is a joke?
Last edited by TheBDanAbstract at Jul 16, 2011,
Quote by asator
Who's on it?

Of the top of my head (because 10293023418 kids are like, super stoked for it, bro so brutal)
Heavy stage:
Emmure
Attila
Chelsea Grin
IWABO
For Today
Born Of Osiris
After The Burial

Screamo stage:
Alesana
Blessthefall
In This Moment
The Ghost Inside
Motionless In White
Sleeping With Sirens
For All Those Sleeping
Memphismayfire (I guess it's one word?)
This Romantic Tragedy.

Also, xliferuinerx is doing the Canadian dates.

Okay, I actually looked at the flyer, because I want everyone to know how shit this tour is.
It's only $20, and Stray From the Path were originally on this, so if they were, I would have went to see them, The Ghost Inside, and Attila for shits and gigs. But lack of good, and an overwhelming crowd of bad makes this one of the most unappealing things I've ever scene.
Quote by datskramzkid
Of the top of my head (because 10293023418 kids are like, super stoked for it, bro so brutal)
Heavy stage:
Emmure
Attila
Chelsea Grin
IWABO
For Today
Born Of Osiris
After The Burial

Screamo stage:
Alesana
Blessthefall
In This Moment
The Ghost Inside
Motionless In White
Sleeping With Sirens
For All Those Sleeping
Memphismayfire (I guess it's one word?)
This Romantic Tragedy.

Also, xliferuinerx is doing the Canadian dates.

Okay, I actually looked at the flyer, because I want everyone to know how shit this tour is.
It's only $20, and Stray From the Path were originally on this, so if they were, I would have went to see them, The Ghost Inside, and Attila for shits and gigs. But lack of good, and an overwhelming crowd of bad makes this one of the most unappealing things I've ever scene.

I hope you're using screamo ironically. Also, TGI is a really fun band to see live. They're a fun band period.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
I'm not using it ironically. I think the tour actually has a stage set up named the screamo stage.

Yeah, that.
Quote by synestershadows
I hope you're using screamo ironically. Also, TGI is a really fun band to see live. They're a fun band period.

The tour is calling it the screamo stage, if I remember correctly.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Oh wow....wow. Wow.......wow.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
The Slaughter Survivours tour, to me, has a much better line up, I'd kill to see some of the bands playing on it.. BoO and ATB are the only bands I like on this tour
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by splamron
The Slaughter Survivours tour, to me, has a much better line up, I'd kill to see some of the bands playing on it.. BoO and ATB are the only bands I like on this tour

I REALLY wanna go to that.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by GodofCheesecake
The tour is calling it the screamo stage, if I remember correctly.

Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Slaughter Survivors is the Djent small venue tour right?
Structures and The Contortionist are decent, but I couldn't see those bands without decent headliners (or openers), which this tour (to me) is void of.
Quote by datskramzkid
Slaughter Survivors is the Djent small venue tour right?
Structures and The Contortionist are decent, but I couldn't see those bands without decent headliners (or openers), which this tour (to me) is void of.

Conducting From the Grave. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
^Pretty much. Contortionist, Conducting from the Grave, Scale the Summit (3 of my favourite bands), as well as structures and volumes who I really like too.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Quote by splamron
^Pretty much. Contortionist, Conducting from the Grave, Scale the Summit (3 of my favourite bands), as well as structures and volumes who I really like too.

yep. Even though I don't care much for STS, they're still cool to watch cuz they're awesome musicians.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Quote by synestershadows
Conducting From the Grave. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

Not ma style brah

I have to give it up for them since they're good musicians (the whole tour), but the fact that they record their stuff note by note irks me.
I really don't know how I feel about Rings of Saturn though..
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Found out about this band on nexopia when I was like 13.

Yes, the bad predecessor of myspace. The only cool place there was the punk forum, which for some reason was pretty much dedicated to hardcore punk/grindcore and pv. Of course I didn't know what any of that was back then, so I just called it hardcore, or mathcore or death metal or whatever, and generally ignored anything that wasn't named NOFX.
Quote by datskramzkid
Not ma style brah

I have to give it up for them since they're good musicians (the whole tour), but the fact that they record their stuff note by note irks me.

Isn't that Structures?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Last edited by synestershadows at Jul 16, 2011,
Slaughter Survivors I'm definitely going to. Pretty stoked for that because I haven't been to a decent metal-ish show in a long time.
Well, at least I assume most bands of that genre record that way, it sounds really overproduced and too polished.
Scene bands do that too.

Also fake drums = bad.
Quote by datskramzkid
Well, at least I assume most bands of that genre record that way, it sounds really overproduced and too polished.
Scene bands do that too..

Shut up, not many bands actually do this. Seriously. Even shitty bands like Asking Alexandria can at least mildly play their instruments. Also, Rings of Saturn is a great name, but an awful band. Scale the Summit sucks. Slaughter Survivors looks pretty meh. Summer Slaughter looks even more meh. And that's my follow up post to this thread.
Haha, Stephena the issue with those bands isn't their playing ability...
Last edited by Kyle<3 at Jul 16, 2011,
I like it when the production sounds good.

Although I record for the most part through a microphone that's attached to my gaming headset. Aha.
Woah woah woah don't get me wrong guys!

First of all, I said they were good musicians, read a few posts up.
Second, it's a common technique to record bands note, or very short segment per note/segments.
Obviously bands at this level of playing have to know how to actually play their whole song, but the fact that they don't do this in the studio is kinda lame to me.

I can atest that at least Structures is really tight live (and the other bands too? I've only seen videos of The Contortionist, so I don't know how the others fare live).

I like clean production too, but the fact that recording music is broken down to recording this way just doesn't feel right. It would be cool if they'd actually play sections of their song instead of one, or a couple notes.

Not that it really matters to me.
Page 1 of 3