So I started playing electric guitar about 5 months ago and am wondering around what level I am at from a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being beginner and 10 being an expert. As a reference point, I can play songs like Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix), Killing in the Name of (Rage against the machine), My Curse (killswitch engage), and Toxicity (System of a down). These aren't the only songs I can play, I can play tons of full songs and intros off the top of my head, those are just some that I can think of off the top of my head.
It's great that you know all these songs, but to truly advance, you need to analyze those songs and note what makes them great so you can make great songs.

If you're writing music, of course.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Asking people randomly "how good" you are means that you aren't good enough to develop an ego yet, and if you're doing the rhythms to Purple Haze right, that means you aren't bad enough to not understand simple patterns...

I'd put you at a 3 on a technicality scale, with Satriani at a 10, and Kurt Cobain at 1 (not bashing the guy). But with a scale as vague as that, it'll take years to advance even 1 point up the latter.
let us hear you play? i can play My curse too, i just cant hit any notes, or play in time with the song. Basically, i dont know if you're good without hearing how good you can play the songs you play
My sig? Nice.
Quote by BurningTurkey
let us hear you play? i can play My curse too, i just cant hit any notes, or play in time with the song. Basically, i dont know if you're good without hearing how good you can play the songs you play

Well I'm on vacation and staying at a relatives house right now so I just have my guitar, no amp or anything to record like a camera.

Thanks for the answers I appreciate it, although I wasn't looking for some exact level or something just curious as if I'm at a decent level for how long I've been playing (5-6 months).

Also Zan, I'm not "randomly asking people how good I am", I'm asking random people what level I'm at
Quote by NosralTserrof
It's great that you know all these songs, but to truly advance, you need to analyze those songs and note what makes them great so you can make great songs.

If you're writing music, of course.

I'm not looking to write music in the near future, I play guitar more as a hobby just so I can play the songs I enjoy and jam with friends.
Quote by MaddMann274
I would say level 2.
^^ Seeing those are pretty simple songs.

You know any scales?

Yeah I know lots of them like the major pentatonic, minor, arpeggio scale (I believe thats what its called), and the blues scale (not sure if thats the real name or just a nickname).
Quote by TheRevelation
Yeah I know lots of them like the major pentatonic, minor, arpeggio scale (I believe thats what its called), and the blues scale (not sure if thats the real name or just a nickname).

Ok, ur doing pretty good then I'd assume. Don't know anything called a arpeggios scale though.

Keep It Up!!!