Alright, I've got the Rogue Violin bass, and I've ordered the rotosound flatwounds.

I've got an Acoustic B115 bass cab and a B200H head. What settings will help me get a good Beatles bass tone?

thanks!
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
What about them? compared to the lows and highs?

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
they had a lot of different bass tones, you need to specify an era really, paul changed to a ric at some point and john and george played bass on a few songs. it's probably better to just mess around with the eq whilst listening to the beatles really
one thing that will help is picking technique. i either play right by the neck or palm mute by the bridge and pick. if you practice this you can get awesome 60's sounds. as far as amp settings i like highs and lows up around halfway or so and no mids but honestly you should set all of them flat and then tweak each frequency while playing so you really get familiar with your amp and then youll be able to dial in any sound you want. also, go back and listen to the tracks that have the tone you want every now and then so you have a reference point.

+1 on the amp btw. good solid amp
Yeah! I love the amp

alright. Before I had some Fender Flatwounds on... I'm trying the rotosounds since that's what Paul used. I just want a good Violin bass tone. Warm and Round. I'm hoping these strings will do the trick.

didnt paul mccartney used vox amps?
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Im not gonna go out and buy a Vox amplifier, and the foam doesn't work for me.

I think taxman has the easiest to hear and best example of McCartney tone and style. From what I've seen and read, The hofner bass was a budget model, (Geezer butler had a 3 string one between using the telecaster and getting a P), so buying rogue is in the spirit. Paul also mentioned, that due to the design of the bass intonation got worse quickly down the fretboard, so he tended to play all around but near the head. this gives him that thumping melody. Also, this has been discussed before here, but back in the day bass was EQ'd to stick right above/around the bass drum, which might seem odd, but listen to George and John's bright jangly tones. Bass was used as a thickener, so it was low, and thumpy, this was right around the time people like Jack Bruce were making bass a up front instrument. People are mentioning the foam mute, because back in the day people really wanted upright basses but hated carrying them, and so they used the mutes, to give the basses that sudden thick staccato thud of a plucked upright.
alright, i'll give that a try.

Quote by thelowsliveon
put the lows at 1, the mids at 12 and the highs at 11~ish

.. and quite a bit of treble
I'll try this when I get my new strings. They should arrive tomorrow.

Quote by shmbluh12
Just stick a piece of foam against your bridge and sod EQ

Foam is 3/4 the battle. Definitely go spend $3 on a sheet of it and cut yourself out some homemade mutes.
I have that same bass and love it. Just make sure to tighten everything up (particularly the input jack) and she'll treat you nice. Flats are a must, know they're built to thump. I'd agree with upping the mids and more the highs because the Rogue doesn't generate a lot of upper register volume itself. You might even adjust the neck pickup a bit.

Also, the nature of your amp stack is old-school bottom do expect a lot of it. It'll be a decent combination to get you towards Macca's early sound which I'm guessing by what you bought is your target tone. Good luck and have fun!
Good thread btw. All very useful info.

yeah. I've adjusted both pick-ups. I hope the rotosounds do the trick. With the information I've been given, it'll all help. Thanks! I'll post when I got everything going.