So I am at work super bored and just watched a documentary on the KKK. Now, I am going to say first that I am not racist and don't believe in their ideas. An interesting note though is that the democratic south at the time was what formed the KKK. And Abraham Lincoln who freed the slaves was at the time a republican. He freed them for votes though. And now, at least where I live, and especially with Obama in office. Black people always vote democratic. I know parties aren't exactly the same now as they were then, and no every single african american doesn't vote democratic, and that is not my point. But did it back fire or not? Because at the time of Lincoln he was actually considered a liberal by their standards (too most).

Again I am not voicing an opinion. Just some interesting stuff I just watched and thought, what better way to pass the time than a pit debate lol.

So...voice on, please no dumb racist shit.

another funny thing was though the government passed the KKK act which made it illegal for any two or more ppl to go under disguise and try and deprive another of civil rights......ummmm okay lol.....ie: the governments now?

imagine going to obama like citizens arrest!!!! you and the vp are depriving my rights under the kkk act
Last edited by treysonpwaters at Jul 17, 2011,
The KKK are super cool. Kool Kool Kool.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The Democratic and Republican parties are incredibly different today than what they were. It wasn't until the '60s that things started to get especially familiar.
Quote by Saint78
So, this ****** and this spic walk into a bar...

good job!!!!! so do you have any thoughts or do just try to be funny/cool on internet forums?
Quote by due 07
The Democratic and Republican parties are incredibly different today than what they were. It wasn't until the '60s that things started to get especially familiar.

yeah thats what im saying. I just found that interesting after seeing this documentary. Maybe it just made me think to much lol

sry for dp...i type rly slow
Well the parties switched. FDR was kind of the beginning of the Democratic Party being the liberal-er one. But at the time FDR was still stuck dealing with the traditional southern democrats so a lot of his policies ended up being pretty racist. Like the New Deal? That largely excluded blacks from many if not most of the programs and benefits.

I think the final nail in the switcheroo coffin was Nixon. He basically appealed to the old timey Democrats and they switched over.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
The Republicans and Democrats basically completely switched around.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by abdulalhazred
Well the parties switched. FDR was kind of the beginning of the Democratic Party being the liberal-er one. But at the time FDR was still stuck dealing with the traditional southern democrats so a lot of his policies ended up being pretty racist. Like the New Deal? That largely excluded blacks from many if not most of the programs and benefits.

I think the final nail in the switcheroo coffin was Nixon. He basically appealed to the old timey Democrats and they switched over.

this is what im lookin for ^^^^.....u guys first up there tho. are you 11 yrs old or what?

ahhh man i totally forgot about the new deal! shit i feel old now lol...been a long time since a social studies/history class. Great point though.
Last edited by treysonpwaters at Jul 16, 2011,
If you're interested in the history of the Klan...

Check out DJ Spooky's version of Birth of a Nation. There's more than just this clip...but basically Spooky put music over the original and added commentary.
http://www.djspooky.com/art/birth.html

Edit: The great thing about the Birth of a Nation is the intense irony of it.
The movie was based off of a book by Thomas Dixon Jr. The movie and book glamorized the Klan and basically is the origin of all anti-black stereotypes. The irony comes in when you learn that Dixon's beloved father and uncle helped form a chapter of the Klan in the area they lived. They both ended up fighting to disband that same chapter when they realized it was evil as Hell. The movie that spawned the rebirth of the KKK (it was reformed after a screening at Stone Mountain if I recall correctly) was written by a guy heavily inspired by people who fought against the original Klan.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

Last edited by abdulalhazred at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777
this is somewhat relevant, and may amuse some of you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappa_Kappa_Kappa

Lol...ok, thats pretty good...my room mate in college, who ive known since I was like 12 was actually African American in an all black fraternity called the Kappas. lol...different one but still made me laugh.
Quote by due 07

This.
Quote by abdulalhazred

That.

And, for good measure, the KKK took my baby away.
oh and the president then Woodraw Wilson filmed some big movie of the blacks raping a bunch of white chicks (which didn't rly happen in this grand scale) and the KKK save all the white women....what a ****ed up time man...thank god we have the internet now lol

idk man im done this is going the wrong way...wanted more thoughts? not some debate as I am not voicing an opinion....check it on youtube its called the secret clan or some shit....there is like 9 parts...shows you how bored I am
Last edited by treysonpwaters at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by treysonpwaters
oh and the president then Woodraw Wilson filmed some big movie of the blacks raping a bunch of white chicks (which didn't rly happen in this grand scale) and the KKK save all the white women....what a ****ed up time man...thank god
we have the internet now lol

Yeah...Birth of a Nation. The first film showed in the White House.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

Quote by treysonpwaters
oh and the president then Woodraw Wilson filmed some big movie of the blacks raping a bunch of white chicks (which didn't rly happen in this grand scale) and the KKK save all the white women....what a ****ed up time man...thank god we have the internet now lol

That was Birth of a Nation & Wilson didn't film that.
It's already been said, but yeah, the parties basically switched. It was the Democrats at the time who never shut up about "states' rights," which the Republicans rightfully called out as a cover for maintaining blatantly racist and oppressive policy. Although, even then, they were pro-business. Over the years that aspect of their platform grew more and more dominant, and by the time you get to Richard Nixon/the Southern Strategy, the party had turned into the cynical, pandering pile of shit it is today.

But those old-school 'radical Republicans' like Charles Sumner were some of the best and most courageous people to have held political power in this country.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
what exactly are we supposed to debate on? you just told us some facts...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Quote by treysonpwaters

shit i know man.

now thanks to the internet i can watch blacks raping white women with actual penetration!
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
i love when people call me a wetback , it makes want to jump in a pool