http://soundcloud.com/option-on-hold

the track i am posting for is obviously at the top of the list. feel free to listen to the others as well. give me kudos or critiques about ANYTHING. from production to arrangement to whatever you want. as of now there are obviously no vocals or bass guitar, so dont dwell on that.
Edit:

westley23j,
Thanks for the reviews! For the most part, I like all of the guitar riffs, though somehow there is something awkward occasionally around 2:00 on the guitar. Not sure how the guitars will sit in the mix if you add electric bass, but the guitar tones sound good at this point. I could be wrong, but I think I hear some copy & paste edit points on the guitar occasionally. Drums sound good. Overall, it sounds good so far, considering it is an incomplete song at this time.
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Jul 17, 2011,
Listened to the first track on the list. First thing that I noticed- snare is a bit too loud. Overall drums are ok. What soft are you using for them?

Then there is a subtle melody I liked that begins around 4.07. How did you get that sound? I really like it, reminds me a bit of some Rammstein stuff. I also liked the part that starts @ 1.43.

First riff(main riff?) seems kinda muddy though. Guitar tone is almost good, can't really tell what, but I think something is missing... mids, I guess . I'm not a tone expert at all...

Overall I liked the song, I really love this style. Others may find this somg boring though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459817
Kombat Gear:

Quote by some1fat
          Listened to the first track on the list. First thing that I noticed- snare is a bit too loud. Overall drums are ok. What soft are you using for them?

Then there is a subtle melody I liked that begins around 4.07. How did you get that sound? I really like it, reminds me a bit of some Rammstein stuff. I also liked the part that starts @ 1.43.

First riff(main riff?) seems kinda muddy though. Guitar tone is almost good, can't really tell what, but I think something is missing... mids, I guess . I'm not a tone expert at all...

Overall I liked the song, I really love this style. Others may find this somg boring though.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459817

some1fat..... comments are on your page.
          Some cool riffs right there. Like the first and the second. The one at 1.42 would maybe sound better with less palm muting or a thicker overall guitar sound would help. And also a bass track.
          I dont have a real bass either, I just use a pitch shifter and few fx and it makes a pretty cool bass sound.
          Also the kick drum is too quet.
          The effect at 4.06 is awesome. Love that sound.
          Overall pretty cool song. A better mix would help ALOT.

--

Check out some of my stuff if you like:
          https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27681781&postcount=6
          Kick drum needs to be brought up in the mix, and the snare a tad bit down. You really need a bass track, like the above post said you can shift your guitar down an octave which can work out pretty good. There are even some MIDI basses that work out pretty good.

Some of the cymbals seemed panned a bit extreme, the crash I hear on the left side could be brought to center a bit.

All in all, a low end needs to be added to this to really give it power.

____

C4C
          https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461796
          Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
          YouTube
          Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
          And you will end because we demand it.
          Preparations -

It's very well written. I could see this working well live, quite a huge sound! I like the guitar tones, perhaps lower the highs as they get a bit fuzzy sometimes, but I think it's pretty much there.

Drums - The snare is a little too loud, and the kick is too quiet. Some volume editing should fix these. Panning changes should also be made to make it sound better through headphones, as outlined above by 'The Uncreator'.

More bass and you're there! You can really work with the huge sound you got there, a more prominent bass would round things off nicely

Keep it up!

C4C?
          https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460916
          Quote by The Uncreator
          Kick drum needs to be brought up in the mix, and the snare a tad bit down. You really need a bass track, like the above post said you can shift your guitar down an octave which can work out pretty good. There are even some MIDI basses that work out pretty good.

Some of the cymbals seemed panned a bit extreme, the crash I hear on the left side could be brought to center a bit.

All in all, a low end needs to be added to this to really give it power.

____

C4C
          https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461796

i didnt pan the cymbals, personally. i was using EZDrummer, and if they are panned on there, thats the root of the problem. ill look into it. this is the first i have heard anything about panning issues on the drums.... weird. as far as your C4C, ill get to it. its just been a long day, and i dont wanna sit and listen to a 9 minute long song at this point. ill probably do it in the morning when i dont wanna get out of bed to get ready for work.....
          Quote by ankthebank
          Preparations -

It's very well written. I could see this working well live, quite a huge sound! I like the guitar tones, perhaps lower the highs as they get a bit fuzzy sometimes, but I think it's pretty much there.

Drums - The snare is a little too loud, and the kick is too quiet. Some volume editing should fix these. Panning changes should also be made to make it sound better through headphones, as outlined above by 'The Uncreator'.

More bass and you're there! You can really work with the huge sound you got there, a more prominent bass would round things off nicely

Keep it up!

C4C?

thanks for the crit, and thanks for feedback on the tones. i was pretty happy with them too, other than a lack of bass. ill work on that next time. as for your crit, i will get to that in the morning as well. thank you again.
          I love your guitar tone, lots of mids, just how I like it. How did you get your sound, if you don't mind me asking?

The snare is a bit loud though, and I don't think the snare has enough "bite" to it, if you know what I mean. Also the cymbals in the beginning are loud too as well, and I can't really hear the bass. I love how the drums are panned though. I think you should work on adjusting the individual levels of each drum.

I personally like your song, it's good. But, it does seem a bit long and repetitive without any melody throughout most of the song though. Are you planning on adding any vocals or other form of melody?

^sorry if that seemed like a lot of rambling, I was typing while listening. Anyways, you don't have to crit any of my songs, just give some of them a listen and leave a comment if you like what you hear. Thank you!
          Quote by ankthebank
          Preparations -

Keep it up!

C4C?

i thought "victimised" was really good. i liked the vibe throughout. something about the mixes on each track didnt sit well wth me. the guitars were way down and didnt seem to have too much presence to them. sounded like lots of gain and not much in the mids. the vocals were too loud too. other than that i think all 3 of those songs were pretty good. when i saw that your band was "rap-metal" i was thinking someting along the lines of Beastie Boys "sabotage", but i was mistaken. good job.
          Quote by zincabopataurio
          I love your guitar tone, lots of mids, just how I like it. How did you get your sound, if you don't mind me asking?

The snare is a bit loud though, and I don't think the snare has enough "bite" to it, if you know what I mean. Also the cymbals in the beginning are loud too as well, and I can't really hear the bass. I love how the drums are panned though. I think you should work on adjusting the individual levels of each drum.

I personally like your song, it's good. But, it does seem a bit long and repetitive without any melody throughout most of the song though. Are you planning on adding any vocals or other form of melody?

^sorry if that seemed like a lot of rambling, I was typing while listening. Anyways, you don't have to crit any of my songs, just give some of them a listen and leave a comment if you like what you hear. Thank you!

obviously a little too short, but i think the song had great potential once you expand on that idea. everything i heard in that small piece of music was good. but i think its just you---the clouds werent moving.