View poll results: Strat trem or Floyd?
Strat Style Trem
4 33%
Floyd Rose
7 58%
Other
1 8%
Voters: 12.
I've always used floyds or licensed floyd rose tremolos, but I never do any thing more than vibrato or the occasional dive bomb (only in one or two of the sings I play). So, what would be better for my needs a floyd rose or a strat style trem with locking tuners?
i'd have to say floyd rose, because a strat trem can pretty much only do what you are saying.

its like having a v6 mustang, and a roush racing edition. they both can be daily cars, but if you ever need to do something nuts, you will want the roush.

also, on my strat, if i do more than a light dive, i notice that it will go out of tune when i bring it back up, not by much at all. but enough for an advanced ear to go "... wait a sec.... wtf?"
When I had my Strat (it was an Agile ST-1000, but a Strat no less) it went out of tune everytime I dive-bombed, so I would personally go for a Floyd Rose.
Quote by Somekid94
When I had my Strat (it was an Agile ST-1000, but a Strat no less) it went out of tune everytime I dive-bombed, so I would personally go for a Floyd Rose.

That must've sucked.
**** floyd rose, get a Kahler.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Quote by Steppin'Razor
That must've sucked.

It did. It wasn't by much if I was REALLY ginger with it, but when I really got into it all hell broke loose...
a strat trem, unless you like to pull up high. tuning issues usually happen at the nut anyway with trem equipped guitars...the synchronized trem is beautiful in it's amount of adjustability and simplicity.
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
have you looked at kahler? think they're easier to use and install. if you don't want to look into that i say floyd rose for tuning stability
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
If you don't change tunings often then yeah, I say a floyd as:
a) You are comfortable with floyds
b) Better tuning stability

Although I do agree with this:
Quote by ItsThatDude
a strat trem, unless you like to pull up high. tuning issues usually happen at the nut anyway with trem equipped guitars...the synchronized trem is beautiful in it's amount of adjustability and simplicity.
RIP Gooze

cats