all over the fretboard...but in STANDARD tuning...as soon as I go to Drop C (CGCFAD) or something...I feel completely lost and only really know what works based off memory and experience...but cannot immediately know where the notes are...

Does anyone else have this same problem? What can you do to get better at this?

Thanks!
Well if you know the shit out of your theory, I imagine that it would make perfect sense in one tuning, and then as soon as you switch the tuning, the location of notes changes dramatically, making you lost. I'd maybe try doing the scales and whatnot you normally do in standard tuning in Drop C. Not the same scale in a different tuning, though. Like playing a Dmaj scale in standard, and then playing a Dmaj but while tuned to Drop C. I feel like this isn't very clear but I tried
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
learn the notes in drop C.

if you know intervals really well, you don't even need to learn the notes in a different tuning. you could give me a completely random tuning -- let's say you asked me to play the 9th fret on a string that has an open pitch of F#, and i'd know that pitch would be D#, because i know that 9 frets constitutes a major sixth and D# is a major sixth above F#.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
lol @ "I am pretty fluid.
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Quote by AeolianWolf
learn the notes in drop C.

if you know intervals really well, you don't even need to learn the notes in a different tuning. you could give me a completely random tuning -- let's say you asked me to play the 9th fret on a string that has an open pitch of F#, and i'd know that pitch would be D#, because i know that 9 frets constitutes a major sixth and D# is a major sixth above F#.

This is exactly what I think I need to do. Do you know of any sites that explain intervals like that for guitar?