Ive come to terms with te fact that with my current rig I wont be able to achieve the sound I want. I am trying to find a Head thats capable of Old Human-Symbolic Era Death or thrash sound all the way down to easy goin led zepplin. I am not that knowledgable when it comes down to gear so if there are any suggestions on heads on a budget, that would be greatly apreciated. Also when picking out a Cab I have absolutely no idea what to look for or how the different cabs will effect my sound. Any Advice? Please and Thank you.
Yep, then we can help you out. Also, closest major city.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Obviously we need your budget, but a good place to start would be the Peavey JSX.

I've read that the Carvin V3 is also a similar amp to the JSX, but I have no personal experience with it, or how versatile it is.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I can muster up around 500 to 700 bucks. I live in Bremerton about 30 minutes from Seattle, Washington state
Oh, well, a head and cab are probably out of the question, unless you find an awesome deal used.

I have a Peavey 6505+ 112 amp, it is 60 watts and has a 12 inch speaker(obviously). It's awesome for metal and will sound good for what you described. As for Led Zepplin, the Rhythm channel on it is a cleaner distortion and cleans, but I needed to do some tweaking because it had too much distortion. I replaced the preamp tubes to do this. Cost about $70 for the tubes, but it sounds great now, and I can get a damn good classic rock tone, and good cleans from the rhythm channel, and bone-crunching riffs from the lead channel. You will need an EQ pedal for sure though to have more control over your tone. Danelectro sells one for $30.

So after the amp cost, the tubes, and the pedal, you're looking at $700 at the most. Guitar center has a lot of sales too, so you should get on their mailing list.

if you're interested, here's some links to everything:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-6505-112-60w-1x12-tube-combo-guitar-amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/tungsol-12ax7-tube/212231000000000

http://www.amazon.com/Sovtek-5751-Vacuum-Tube/dp/B004XJ4IZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310897259&sr=8-1

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/danelectro-dj14-fish-and-chips-7-band-eq-pedal

You can do a speaker upgrade later on, or even search for a good deal on a 2x12 cab used.
You can get a Peavey XXX half stack in that budget. I'd recommend it over the 6505+ combo for you. Not that there's anything wrong with the 6505+, but the XXX will be able to get that old school, really harsh death/thrash metal sound a lot easier than the 6505, which sounds much more modern. The XXX also has a great crunch channel, after you get it dialed in of course. And it's a half stack, like you initially wanted.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Look used for a JCM 800, don't know if you'll have any luck. Also look into Bugera if you can't find something you want on the used market. They have several Heads that are under $600 new, that sound really good .
Jet City Amps JCA 50h would do you right as well.
If you could streach your budget to @$1000 then you canfind some good deals on real quality amps/cabs.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Offworld92
You can get a Peavey XXX half stack in that budget. I'd recommend it over the 6505+ combo for you. Not that there's anything wrong with the 6505+, but the XXX will be able to get that old school, really harsh death/thrash metal sound a lot easier than the 6505, which sounds much more modern. The XXX also has a great crunch channel, after you get it dialed in of course. And it's a half stack, like you initially wanted.
This is probably better advice than mine, I was just speaking from my experience.
Well you're not going to get a good amp and a good cab in your budget, so I'd say just get the matching amp and cab, and then upgrade the speakers later when you can.

It may even be that you love the tone, and you don't even need to swap speakers. Speakers are stressed a lot around here, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but for some people it's not really necessary. If you get a good amp, it's not like the amp is going to sound bad just because it has mediocre speakers.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Abadinator
anything I should look out for or certain Cabs I should all around avoid

nothing in particular to avoid brand-wise. ensure that the cab is made out of plywood, not particleboard of any sort. this will ensure better frequency response and a punchier sound. otherwise, play a bunch and see what you like and don't like a go from there