Poll Options
View poll results: Are drugs cool?
Yes
107 27%
No
294 73%
Voters: 401.
Page 1 of 5
I say cool in a very open ended manner. I have a friend who's seriously got into smack. This chap is pretty well off (as in his family); a nice middle class kid you could say.

Anyway, he's been to London for a couple of years for Uni and has bought into the whole Bohemian heroin vibe. I feel he has listened to too much Velvet Underground and sees drugs (i.e. smack. That's really the only one I am dubious about / against) as a cool rebellious prospect.

Anyway, let us be frank - are drugs cool? Think Bowie, think Iggy Pop, think Lennon, the Stones, Pink Floyd, think pretty much every artist you listen to. In fact, are there any artists you like who haven't dabbled?

Apologies if this post makes no sense; it's 8am and I'm off my nut on ket.
Are they fun? Yes.

Do they make you cool? No.

Those people's personalities (while influenced by drugs) made them who they are. You can give that much heroin to a normal person and they won't turn out like Keith. They'll turn out like a heroin addict. And probably die.
Drug usage is a bit romanticized like that.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I understand why other people do them. I used to smoke a bit and did a few pills but never intravenously.

I don't think they are a healthy pursuit (but then again what is?) so don't respect those that revolve their lives around drugs. I'm okay with people who can dabble in them but not get obssessed with them.
Quote by CrucialGutchman
Doing drugs isn't cool.

Not doing drugs is uncool, that's all.

Doing drugs isn't cool.

But on meth, it is.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by CrucialGutchman
Doing drugs isn't cool.

Not doing drugs is uncool, that's all.
Good point. The distinction confuses me sometimes.
Quote by blake1221
Are they fun? Yes.

Do they make you cool? No.

Those people's personalities (while influenced by drugs) made them who they are. You can give that much heroin to a normal person and they won't turn out like Keith. They'll turn out like a heroin addict. And probably die.

Look at your avatar.

Now look at this. -->

Now look back at your avatar. O_o

Also on topic: If you do drugs to be cool, you're not. If you just do them, you are.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
depends on what kind of grugs you're talking about.

place a kitchen knife on your table, and then consume about 10.0g of pcp. then tell me how 'cool' that was
Quote by SG_dave
I understand why other people do them. I used to smoke a bit and did a few pills but never intravenously.

I don't think they are a healthy pursuit (but then again what is?) so don't respect those that revolve their lives around drugs. I'm okay with people who can dabble in them but not get obssessed with them.

Aw come on, we've all done a little Jet, just to boost our AP

maybe some Psycho, a couple of Mentats...

oh wait...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Coolness is an abstract idea, subjective in nature, and personified by our relentless need to fit in. Therefore, looking at it from a logical standpoint, the chance of addiction vs. the ten minute high makes the prospect of taking them seem illogical. Ergo, no.
Quote by Draconis93
Coolness is an abstract idea, subjective in nature, and personified by our relentless need to fit in. Therefore, looking at it from a logical standpoint, the chance of addiction vs. the ten minute high makes the prospect of taking them seem illogical. Ergo, no.
You just said coolness is a subjective idea, then you try to objectively arbitrate whether or not something is cool.

wat.
Quote by Draconis93

Most drugs last longer than ten minutes.
If they are stored in cold areas, yes, drugs are in fact, cool.
I play my guitar like I live life; upside-down.

Gear:
Sender Fratocaster
LTD Phoenix-200
Fender Sonoran
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fender Mustang V 412
Heroin? Meth? Crack? No. Weed and Psychedelics? Hell yes. Others are in a sort of gray area.
Quote by avanish11
Heroin? Meth? Crack? No. Weed and Psychedelics? Hell yes. Others are in a sort of gray area.

That right there.
Quote by Primus2112
Aw come on, we've all done a little Jet, just to boost our AP

maybe some Psycho, a couple of Mentats...

oh wait...

As opposed to drugs, I find geeks way cooler.
Quote by avanish11

I agree with this. 'Hard' drugs aren't cool at all, but drugs like weed, LSD, shrooms and speed are somewhat cool where I'm from.
Heroin is the worst drug. I really feel sorry for anyone who thinks it's good.
Quote by Draconis93

Marijuana is not addictive. And it's funner than hell. You should try it sometime, not to look cool, because no one gives a shit anyway, but because I guarantee it'll make whatever you're doing that much more entertaining.

And if you ever get comfortable with the mild high that weed provides (It gets you high for hours, by the way. Ten minutes? Please. You should at least know what you're talking about before start disparaging it.), psychedelics will provide you with some of the most fun you will ever have, and they aren't physically addicting in the slightest.

Also, you should stop using ergo. It makes you sound like you're trying too hard. And with all due respect to the homosexual community, it makes you sound like a fag.
Last edited by CrucialGutchman at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by fender_696
I say cool in a very open ended manner. I have a friend who's seriously got into smack. This chap is pretty well off (as in his family); a nice middle class kid you could say.

Anyway, he's been to London for a couple of years for Uni and has bought into the whole Bohemian heroin vibe. I feel he has listened to too much Velvet Underground and sees drugs (i.e. smack. That's really the only one I am dubious about / against) as a cool rebellious prospect.

Anyway, let us be frank - are drugs cool? Think Bowie, think Iggy Pop, think Lennon, the Stones, Pink Floyd, think pretty much every artist you listen to. In fact, are there any artists you like who haven't dabbled?

Apologies if this post makes no sense; it's 8am and I'm off my nut on ket.

Imma come to Lincoln and give your friend a smack and take his smack.
Quote by Draconis93
the chance of addiction vs. the ten minute high makes the prospect of taking them seem illogical. Ergo, no.

The only drugs I can think of that only last ten minutes are the ones that its almost impossible to get addicted to.
I don't care whether they are "cool" or not, so I voted no. They certainly don't make you cool. I do know cool people who do drugs, but I also know manipulative assholes who can't grow up.

I'm accepting of my frenz, who have been all around the ballpark. An incident with PCP, meth... personally I've been offered speed, but I wasn't really sure if I wanted to. A random black guy offered me coke once. That's what you get for going to Quebec.
Last edited by Miniskirt at Jul 17, 2011,
Doing drugs doesn't make you cool. By many standards, it makes you a criminal.

Drugs themselves are cool, though. Not in the "Oh, look at him! He smokes!" sense... but a good high is just plain cool.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by cdg3952
The only drugs I can think of that only last ten minutes are the ones that its almost impossible to get addicted to.

I don't think crack is impossible to get addicted to.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Drugs suck, they are for losers. And pretty much all bands I listen to don't do drugs. Except Guns N' Roses, you know.
I like doing drugs, but that doesn't make doing them cool. I enjoy the feeling I get from them, but they don't make me cool at all.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Poglia
Drugs suck, they are for losers.

Shut your ignorant mouth. Just because drugs have a bad name for the people that take it too far doesn't mean that all drug users are like that. I do drugs, and I lead a perfectly normal life.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Page 1 of 5