I've heard Rickenbacker has spotty Quality Control is it true
Fender Squier MIM P bass
Stilleo 4 Extreme
Acoustic B20
Boss Me-20b
premier late 70s early 80s jazz kit
Last edited by Jace2game at Jul 18, 2011,
I've always heard it was great. Never tried one myself though.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I've always heard it was great. Never tried one myself though.

the same here.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Considering they are one of the most iconic bass guitars in the world, I would say it's safe to assume that Ric will go well out of their way to ensure that their good company name isn't damaged over something as trivial as bad QC...
I've read around a few places that you really have to set them up right to get the most out of them, and it's a bit different to your regular bass. You'd want someone who's set up a Rick before as apposed to someone who goes through your run of the mill Fenders, Gibsons and Ibanez' day in day out.
As for QC I remember hearing a few things but I couldn't source them if I wanted to. I read on another forum that you'll find a fair bit of different between even a '08 and '10 Rick.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I've also heard some talk that the QC "isn't what it used to be" or something along those lines, but take that with a grain of salt.

That being said I've had personal experience playing several Ricks, both new and old, and while they weren't my cup of tea, every one of them was solid as a rock. Even if QC has supposedly "slipped" a bit recently, chances are still very good that you'll end up with a very solid, well put together bass should you get one.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass